As the world moves deeper into the 21st century technology has become the norm globally. The internet is overtaking TV as the device for home entertainment and YouTube is enjoying more viewers with every new day.
Videos made exclusively for internet viewing are becoming vehicles for new stars.
YouTube was originally famous for posting funny bloopers from family gatherings or musical recitals of the young ones to share with friends and family. Savvy film makers and those looking to showcase their talent are now using YouTube as a platform to hopefully elevate them into star status.
Check out the hottest top trending videos of 2012 on YouTube.
The viewing public has spoken on a global level through its views of the top trending videos on YouTube. YouTube’s The year in review reveals 2012’s top ten videos.
- PSY “Gangnam Style” is in the number one spot as YouTube’s most watched video ever with over a billion views after only six months on the internet. Jae-Sang, a married father of two became an overnight sensation with his hit.
- 5 Peeps on 1 Guitar in their video, Somebody that I used to Know, sing the Gotye song “Walk off the Earth” as they play together on one guitar. Beautiful song and lovely to watch as the numbers of viewers nearing 150 million can attest to.
- KONY 2012 hit people in the heart. Created by Invisible Children, Inc., it was published on Mar 5, 2012 as a short film to promote the charities efforts to stop International Criminal Court fugitive Joseph Kony, the indicted war criminal and Ugandan leader of cults and militia. The almost 30 minute video quickly gathered support with the 30 million viewers it received in just one day.
- “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen made it chic to lip sync as the world sang along with Carly. Joining in the fun are Justin Bieber, Selena and Ashley Tisdale among others having a great time with the song. The video has had over 55 million views on YouTube.
- Barack Obama vs. Mitt Romney was not only an epic election event, it was also a top viewed YouTube parody with the video Epic Rap Battles Of History Season 2.
- A Dramatic Surprise on a Quiet Square was produced as a commercial by TNT to invite Belgium to watch the newly launched TV channel. Great commercial worth viewing as the already over 40 million viewers will agree to.
- Why You Asking All Them Questions? is a comedic mix tape of music (listen for PSY and Call Me Maybe) and comedy with Emmanuel Hudson working with Spoken Reasons producing a fun video that over 40 million viewers have enjoyed.
- Dubstep Violin Original by Lindsey Stirling, titled “Crystallize” is a beautiful and wondrous combination of music and dance performed by Lindsey Stirling among an amazing surrounding of ice castles built in Colorado. Check out what over 40 million viewers have made famous.
- “Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen” proves how parents are finding their own technological ways to punish children who do not appreciate all that they have. This dad is sure to have embarrassed his daughter into acting appropriately with his online performance. Parents around the world have lived vicariously through Tommy Jordan’s actions and hopefully used this video as a precautionary tale to show their own Facebook ranting children.
- Felix Baumgartner’s supersonic freefall from 128k’ – Mission Highlights set not only a world record for free falling out of the sky but also became the tenth most watched YouTube video of 2012 with over 30 million views.
Enjoy remembering the year of 2012 through the most popular YouTube videos. Have a wonderful New Year and much enjoyment for 2013. Be safe and never be afraid to dance!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for rootshed.com.