Most of us have heard about the portion of the White House website called We the People; and many of our readers have no doubtedly signed some of the many petitions regarding secession from the union which appear on that website.
However, yesterday, Dec. 27, 2012, a new petition found its way onto that website. The petition calls for the prosecuting of Senator Diane Feinstein for treason “to the Constitution”! Feinstein has been on the hot seat for her attempt to stop the spread of deadly assault weapons! Well, that’s not all her plea to Congress will be. This date, the petition has garnered just over 3,000 signatures, but the petition has until January 26 to gain enough signatures to prompt a White House response.
Below is the verbatim text of the proposed action against Feinstein.
We petition the Obama Administration to:
Try Senator Dianne Feinstein in a Federal Court For Treason To The Constitution
The Constitution was written to restrain the government. No amendment is more important for this purpose than the 2nd amendment. The 2nd amendment was written so the power could be kept with the citizenry in the face of a tyrannical government. It was well understood the Constitution acknowledged certain rights that could not be limited by government.
Senator Dianne Feinstein has made it clear she does not believe in the Constitution or the inalienable rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. She is actively working to destroy the 2nd amendment with her 2013 assault weapons ban. For this reason we the people of the United States petition for her to be tried in Federal Court for treason to the Constitution.
The reason for the upset is that Feinstein’s proposed legislation is that it does not only cover assault weapons and leaves many gaps for decisions by the courts, law enforcement, and state legislators. It is truly not a genuine effort to curb gun violence. It is an effort to begin the process of eliminating ALL firearms, so that in future years there will be NO PRIVATE ownership of guns, regardless of the type.
Below is a verbatim summary of the proposed legislation as it appears on her website:
- Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of more than 100 specifically-named firearms as well as certain semiautomatic rifles, handguns and shotguns that can accept a detachable magazine and semiautomatic rifles and handguns with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.
- Stops the sale, transfer, importation and manufacturing of large-capacity ammunition feeding devices (magazines, strips and drums) capable of accepting more than 10 rounds.
- Protects legitimate hunters and the rights of existing gun owners by:
- grandfathering weapons legally possessed on the date of enactment;
- exempting more than 900 specifically-named weapons used for hunting and sporting purposes; and
- exempting antique, manually-operated, and permanently disabled weapons.
However, the full text of what she proposes has now been removed from her website. There is much more! It also calls for the full registration for ALL GUNS and THEIR OWNERS.
Whether the petition will garner any support from the president is doubtful as he is also anti-gun. The main point here is that there are enough angry people out there to make a difference at the polls when Feinstein’s seat is up for re-election.
Don’t be fooled! Diane Feinstein does not have your interests in the Second Amendment at heart.