Wendy’s High School Heisman Program announced on Nov. 26, the 12 exceptional high school seniors who have been chosen out of 45,000 applicants as national finalists for the 19th annual Wendy’s High School Heisman Award. On Dec. 7, Wendy’s will honor these students at the Wendy’s High School Heisman Awards ceremony at the Best Buy Theater in New York City, where one male and one female student-athlete will be chosen as the national winners of the prestigious award.
The Wendy’s High School Heisman celebrates the achievements of the nation’s top high school seniors both in and out of the classroom. Just as the collegiate Heisman is known for being the highest award in college football, the Wendy’s High School Heisman award is recognized as the most esteemed award in high school athletics because it encourages future leadership by acknowledging well-rounded students.
The 12 national finalists are listed below:
- Tessa Brooks – Triway High School, Wooster, Ohio
- Margaret Midkiff – Mount De Sales Academy, Macon, Ga.
- Kaitlyn Kent – South Iredell High School, Statesville, N.C.
- Zoe Alaniz – W. B. Ray High School, Corpus Christi, Texas
- Avalon Frantz – Boulder City High School, Boulder City, Nev.
- Casey Pearsall – Wilton High School, Wilton, Conn.
- Trent Hosick – Staley High School, Kansas City, Mo.
- Samuel Prakel – Versailles High School, Versailles, Ohio
- Tyler Hoffman – Farmington High School, Farmington, Conn.
- Jack Twomey-Kozak – Orange High School, Hillsborough, N.C.
- Tyler Meidell – Damonte Ranch High School, Reno, Nev.
- Daniel Johnson – Ridgeland High School, Rossville, Ga.
The national finalists will be featured during the televised ceremony on ESPN2 on Dec. 16 and will receive gold medals and $2,000 awards for their high schools. One male and one female national winner will receive a Wendy’s High School Heisman Trophy and a $10,000 donation from Wendy’s to each winner’s respective high school. Additionally, the winners will be recognized during the collegiate Heisman Trophy broadcast on Dec. 8 on ESPN.
For business inquiries or questions – email Yvonne. Be sure to check out Yvonne’s other columns on Pop Culture, Dating, Makeup, Women’s Issues, Self-Awareness and News. If you enjoy this article, click Subscribe or Like to receive updates when a new article is published. Connect with Yvonne on Twitter and Facebook. ©Yvonne P. Mazzulo, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author.