Many people are familiar with animal welfare group PETA. Along with the adults who look out for animals, PETA also has a youth division dedicated to spreading awareness. PETA2, the young supporters of PETA, have released the results of the seventh annual Libby Awards. The Libby Awards refer to animal liberation and give people of all ages a chance to vote for their favorite animal-friendly cosmetics, food chains, celebrities and more. PETA2 has tallied up the votes and announced the winners.
The results for the category Lifestyle include cosmetics free from animal testing as well as products and clothing.
- Urban Decay won the most votes for Best Cruelty-Free Cosmetics Company. Recently Urban Decay has faced some backlash for selling the company to L’Oreal who does engage in animal testing. Urban Decay has sworn that under the L’Oreal umbrella they will still remain a company that is free from animal testing.
- The E.L.F ‘Studio 144-Piece Ultimate Eyeshadow Set’ takes home Best Vegan Cosmetics Product.
- Sparklehearts ‘Shine Shampoo’ received the most votes for Best Cruelty-Free Hair Product.
- The Body Shop ‘Tea Tree Skin Clearing Facial Wash’ takes home the win for Best Vegan Bath and Body Product.
- The Best Animal Friendly Clothing Company goes to Forever 21.
- Alternative Outfitters wins the title of Most Vegan Friendly Shoe Store.
- Angry, Young and Poor wins Best Cruelty-Free Accessory for their vegan belt.
Heroes is the category dedicated to animal-friendly people.
- Actress and singer Renee Olstead was voted as Most Animal-Friendly Celeb.
- Musician Jona Weinhofen takes home the most votes for Best PETA2 Ad.
- Most Animal-Friendly Pop/Hip Hop Artist goes to Trace Cyrus.
- We the Kings takes home the award for Most-Animal Friendly Band.
- Megan Massacre of TLC’s ‘NY Ink’ wins Favorite PETA2 Hottie.
- Tonight Alive was voted as the PETA2 Breakthrough Artist.
- Also in the category people had the chance to vote for their favorite PETA2 Street Teamer of the Year. These young people are dedicated to the cause and that award went to Katia Rodriguez.
The third and final category for the PETA2 Libby Awards is dedicated to Food.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill was voted as the Most Vegan-Friendly Food Chain.
- Tofurky brand ‘Chorizo’ takes home the Best Vegan Meat.
- The winner for Best Dairy Alternative was Daiya for their Cheddar Style Wedge.
- Imagine out of Tennessee wins Best Vegan Local Restaurant.
- City Dogs from Salt Lake City received the most votes for Best Vegan Food Truck.
- The Best Vegan Burger went to Morningstar Farms ‘Grillers.’
- ProBar Halo Bars won Best Vegan Snack.
- Back to Eden from Oregon won Best Vegan Bakery.