Black Friday 2012 is right around the corner and parents all over the country have been looking forward to seeing what Toys R Us is offering. In a special press release sent out at 6 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 12, the giant retailer revealed 200 hot doorbusters, including its best deals on toys for kids of all ages and video games and systems for the family.
“Among the many Thanksgiving Day rituals is setting aside time for families to circle the must-have gifts and coveted doorbusters that appear in the Toys R Us Black Friday circular. Our customers love the thrill of Black Friday shopping and equally enjoy getting an early start on their search for the best deals,” said Peter Reiner, Senior Vice President of Marketing. “All season long we’ve worked hard to provide our customers with additional ways to shop and save, and now we’re excited to open Toys R Us stores across the country at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving evening to help start their weekend of holiday shopping off right when visiting us for all their hot toy needs.”
Toys R Us is opening its doors two hours earlier in 2012 to compete with Walmart, which also opens at 8 p.m. Target is set to open one hour later at 9 p.m. on Thanksgiving night. Overall, all major toy retailers are opening up earlier than they did in 2011.
On Thursday, Nov. 22, the 32-page Toys R Us Thanksgiving weekend circular will arrive in newspapers across the country and appear online at Toysrus.com. Featured are more than 300 deals representing $12,000 in potential savings, including 200-plus fantastic doorbusters of up to 80% off, Thursday through Saturday discounts, and free gift-with-purchase offers. The first 200 customers to line up at their local Toys R Us store on Thursday evening will receive a complimentary Great Big Goody Bag packed with gifts that are small in size and big on value. Featuring fun playthings from top brands, including Crayola™, LEGO® and Disney Jr.® worth $30 in total value, this special offer is sure to help parents and gift givers add a little extra something to holiday stockings.
Those who just can’t wait until Thanksgiving to discover all the great values packed in the company’s Black Friday ad can get a sneak preview by visiting the Toys R Us Facebook page, beginning Monday, Nov. 19 at 12 noon EST. On its Facebook page, Toys R Us will also offer a Black Friday Red Carpet Sweepstakes, where one lucky winner will receive VIP treatment when they are given early access to their local store to enjoy a private in-store shopping experience before the crowds enter the doors.
Toys R Us doors will remain open until 10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 23 to accommodate the millions of shoppers looking to snap up these extraordinary deals on toys, games, plus video systems and games. Consumers can also take advantage of the same Thanksgiving weekend deals and discounts at Toysrus.com beginning Thursday, Nov. 22 at 8 p.m.
Below are examples of select doorbusters available at Toys R Us stores nationwide and online at Toysrus.com beginning Thursday, Nov. 22 at 8 p.m. through Friday, Nov. 23 at 10 p.m., while supplies last (no rain checks):
- FREE $20 Toys R Us gift card, plus $30 Bonus iTunes multipack ($50 total value) with the purchase of a 4th Gen Apple® 16GB iPod Touch.
- FREE Nintendo 3DS Headset ($29.99 value) with the purchase of ANY Nintendo 3DS Hardware.
- BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF ALL Trash Pack products priced $14.99 or less.
- BUY ONE, GET ONE 40% OFF ALL Nintendo Wii U software purchases.
- 50% OFF ALL Vtech MobiGo Touch Learning System cartridges and accessories.
- 50% OFF Abbey or Frankie Monster High Doll and Fashion Set. Was $24.99, sale $12.49 each.
- 50% OFF Fisher-Price Grand Dollhouse. Was $79.99, sale $39.99.
- 40% OFF Lalaloopsy Toffee/Ember or Misty/Rosy 2-packs. Was $49.99, sale $29.99 each.
- 40% OFF ALL kids’ flip-open sofas and high-back chairs.
- SAVE $150 on the Barbie or Grey Escalade ride-ons. Was $419.99, sale $269.99 each.
- SAVE $100 on the Samsung Galaxy II 10” Tablet. Was $399.99, sale $299.99.
- SAVE $80 on the Kyros 7” 4GB Tablet. Was $179.99, sale $99.99.
- SAVE $50 on Coby 19” LED HD TV. Was $149.99, sale $99.99.
- SAVE $25 on Skylanders Giants Starter Pack. Was $74.99, sale $49.99.
- ONLY $10 for Babies R Us specially marked boxes of diapers (48-84 count). Limit of 4 per customer.
Doorbuster Deals (begin at 5 a.m. on Friday, Nov. 2)
Those who can’t help but drift off into a full-stomach slumber after gobbling down their turkey dinner can rest easy knowing they won’t miss out on great deals and doorbusters for their little ones if they delay shopping until the next day. Customers will still have the opportunity to take advantage of incredible savings at Toys R Us and Babies R Us stores, with all-new doorbuster deals available on Friday morning.
Following are examples of the doorbusters available on Friday, Nov. 23 from 5 a.m. until 10 p.m., while supplies last (no rain checks):
- FREE Renaissance Lifetime crib in espresso ($379.99 value) with the purchase of a Renaissance double dresser AND 5-drawer dresser in espresso (excludes special orders).
- BUY ONE, GET ONE FREE on ALL Tommee Tippee feeding items.
- 60% OFF Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature® digital sensor pad monitor. Was $145.99, sale $59.99.
- 50% OFF Simmons Kids’ BeautySleep Refreshing Dreams mattress. Was $149.99, sale $74.99.
- 50% OFF Fisher-Price Space Saver high chair in tan circles. Was $59.99, sale $29.99.
- 50% OFF Motorola digital video monitor with 1.8” color LCD screen. Was $139.99, sale $69.99.
- SAVE $200 on ANY Shermag Cherry Bella glider AND ottoman in buckwheat.
- SAVE $130 on Babi Italia Eastside classic and Island cribs.
- ONLY $5 each for ALL Kids R Us mix and match separates (girls and boys, sizes 2T to 5T).
- ONLY $4 each for ALL Koala baby infant mix and match separates (girls and boys, sizes newborn to 24 months).
Thursday-Saturday Deals at Toys R Us
Adding to the compelling lineup of Thanksgiving evening and Black Friday morning doorbusters, Toys R Us will deliver a weekend of savings, complete with more than 100 extra deals and discounts available at Toys R Us stores nationwide.
Below are highlights of the values customers can take advantage of at Toys R Us stores from Thursday, Nov. 22 at 8 p.m. through Saturday, Nov. 24 at midnight, while supplies last (no rain checks):
- FREE Air Flo Controller ($34.99 value) with the purchase of ANY PS3 or Xbox 360 hardware.
- FREE LEGO Remote Control plus $10 Toys R Us gift card ($39.99 total value) with the purchase of Nintendo Wii black system/sports resort bundle.
- BUY ONE, GET ONE for $1 on select video game titles.
- BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE on Beyblade single and 2-pack Tops and Beywheelz.
- 65% OFF Thomas the Tank Engine Thomas Trackmaster Cranky & Flynn Set. Was $71.99, sale $24.99.
- 50% OFF Imaginarium 55-piece train set with table. Was $79.99, sale $39.99.
- 50% OFF ALL Carter’s clothing and sleepwear.
- 50% OFF ALL Kids R Us bed-in-a-bags. Was $129.99, sale $64.99.
- 30% OFF ALL diaper bags.
- SAVE $70 on Step2 Neat and Tidy Cottage. Was $169.99, sale $99.99.
- SAVE $60 on Graco Nautilus 3-in-1 car seat (Breakers). Was $179.99, sale $119.99.
- SAVE $10 on ALL Air Swimmers (helium tank sold separately).
- SAVE $10 on ANY Pampers value box of diapers. Limit 3 per customer.
- ONLY $24.99 for NERF N-Strike Stampede ECS-50 Blaster or Vortex Nitron Blaster.
Facebook Fans Receive VIP Treatment with Red Carpet Sweepstakes
Fans of the company’s official Facebook fan page will get a sneak peek of the Toys R Us Thanksgiving weekend circular on Monday, Nov. 12. Plus, they can enter a special sweepstakes for the chance to win a VIP Black Friday shopping experience, now through Nov. 15 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
One winner will receive limo service and red carpet entry to their local Toys R Us store on Thanksgiving evening at 7 p.m. – one hour before the store officially opens for Black Friday shopping. This winner will also receive a $1,000 Toys R Us gift card and a personal shopper to assist them in selecting the perfect gifts for the kids on their list. One hundred second prize winners will receive a $100 Toys R Us gift card to use on Black Friday. All winners will be notified by email at least one week prior to Thanksgiving.
The following Toys R Us stores are located in North Atlanta:
- Alpharetta – 7731 Northpoint Parkway; Alpharetta, GA 30022; (770) 518-9188.
- Duluth – 2205 Pleasant Hill Square; Duluth, GA 30096; (770) 885-1007.
- Buford – 3480 Financial Center Way; Buford, GA 30519; (678) 714-6146.
- Atlanta – 2997 Cobb Parkway South; Atlanta, GA 30339; (770) 970-2000.
- Kennesaw – 501 Roberts Court; Kennesaw, GA 30144; (770) 424-9100.
For U.S. locations, click on the Toys R Us store locator.
- Black Friday: How to score hot deals without losing your cool
- Walmart Black Friday 2012: Best deals on toys, video games and electronics
- Target Black Friday 2012: Best deals on toys, video games and electronics
Note from the Editor: I hit up the Toys R Us Black Friday Sale in 2011. The store opened at 10:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving night. I arrived at the Northpoint store at 9:00 and there was already a very long line of anxious customers waiting for the store to open. If you plan on taking advantage of the Black Friday Sale on Thanksgiving night, be sure to get there at least two hours early, dress warmly and wear comfortable shoes. Plus, be sure to pack your patience because the scene is hectic, to say the least.
To receive future articles by Jackie Kass, simply click on subscribe. Do you have a story idea? Send me your ideas firstname.lastname@example.org.