As subscribers of this column are aware, every Friday, a favorite beauty product, whether makeup or hair care, is featured here, with no specific criteria for earning accolades as Friday’s favorite beauty item. Sometimes the best wins out for value, affordability, optimal skin benefits, or just plain old beautiful makeup full of fun colors. So for no particular rhyme or reason, the top ten favorite beauty products of 2012 will receive a special year in review beauty lookbook mention.
Top ten favorite beauty products of 2012
- Koh Gen Do Aqua Foundation began 2012 as Friday’s favorite beauty product of the week. As someone who rarely wears foundation, this makeup proved to be light, yet offered full coverage, without a heavy feel.
- Red Carpet Manicure at home gel manicure system has been featured in this beauty lookbook column numerous times throughout 2012, due to its affordability and endurance. It did take some time and practice, but once perfected, it rivaled a professional gel manicure.
- OPI themed nail polishes are just fun; fun colors in the themes of some of 2012’s most popular movies and designers such as “The Hunger Games”, “The Amazing Spiderman”, Betsey Johnson, and “Skyfall”.
- Kenra Platinum Texturizing Taffy is a versatile hair care product that this professional hairstylist uses on all her clientele, perfect for molding, styling and creating modern hairstyles from 2012.
- Ciate luxury nail polish brought nail lacquer to an all-new level during 2012. Creative manicures were the beauty trend of the year and the polishes from Ciate had fingernails decorated in sheer luxury.
- Kelly Osbourne’s dripping in diamonds manicure created quite the stir this year at the 2012 Emmy Awards when she revealed her nail polish was embellished with black diamonds.
- False fantasy eyelashes were perfect for Halloween, providing all of the over exaggeration and drama needed to accessorize the perfect costume, and the same company, Venique, also supplies dramatic sparkling false eyelashes, perfect for New Year’s Eve. Unfortunately, Venique is a professional product not for public resale; however ask your local salon and spa where to find these fabulous false eyelashes.
- Cinderella themed makeup by Disney for Sephora causes me to break the rules and write in the first person. As a young girl, “Cinderella” was my favorite Disney movie and still is, so when I saw the Cinderella collection at Sephora, my young heart skipped “Bippity, Boppity Boo!”
- Lip Gloss pH balanced just for you from Physician’s Formula is always the perfect shade for you because it is pH balanced to blend with your own skin. Who doesn’t love lip-gloss, especially when the shade is all your own?
- Voluminous Diamond Lashes by L’Oreal was the final favorite beauty product of the week of 2012 and rounds off the top ten of the year due to its lengthening of the eyelashes while also creating a hint of holiday sparkle, perfect for New Year’s Eve.
Most of the top ten favorite beauty products of 2012 can be found on Long Island at Ulta Beauty in Garden City and Levittown or Sephora in Garden City and Manhasset.
As you can see from the above top ten favorite beauty products of 2012, the biggest beauty trend of the year was creative nail designs using interesting colors and nail polishes, followed by alluring eyelashes dramatized by fabulous false lashes. Subscribe to this beauty lookbook column for all of the current beauty trends from 2012 and the newest to hit the hair, beauty and makeup scene of 2013. Have a wonderful and Happy New Year from the Long Island Beauty Lookbook Examiner.
©, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior written permission and consent from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC, DBA rootshed.com.
The author receives no compensation from any PR Firm for the above recommendation and is not responsible for any effects, positive or negative, that may occur. Follow Deirdre on Twitter or subscribe for more Beauty Lookbook information or read her blog for more professional beauty advice.