Now fully immersed in the watery sign of Pisces, the moon passes onto us the energy of this mutable sign. Expect to feel nervous or shy in an area that you would not normally feel nervous or shy in as the moon enters the beginning of the middle of Pisces. Do not worry, however, because this unease will be fully worn off tomorrow around noon. On the other hand, Mercury conjuncts Venus today, as it has been since December 9 and will be until December 30, so chatting with friends, family, and spouses will not be a large part of that unease!
As always, the Tonight’s Moon Phase articles are written using Astronomical Astrology; this means that all information used in this article was taken from the skies as we see it with our eyes. I feel that our lives are more affected by what is happening now in our skies, and what better way to understand these effects than to experience them first hand? I implore you to take a step outside and take a look at the moon’s actual position in the sky; you will be surprised! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS – CST.
Tonight’s Moon Phase – 55% Waxing Gibbous
- Moonrise – 11:58 am
- Moonset – 12:54 am on December 21, 2012
- Moon in Pisces – Pisces is a mutable water sign, meaning that it is very easily affected by the outside world and certain circumstances, especially in the emotional and very internal sense. As we approach the center of Pisces, we can begin to feel uneasy or even nervous to do normal tasks or undertakings. We might also feel more shy than normal, or hold our tongues more often; this can be a good thing. As you begin to notice your new short-lived habit of reclusiveness, use this time to take notice of something you would not normally see, as Pisces energy tends to have us delve into areas and understand things we do not normally. For routine body healing, focus on the feet, ankles, and especially lymph glands during this time.
- Mercury conjunct Venus – Having finally come out of retrograde, Mercury pairs up with Venus, making communication and meeting with friends, family, and spouses much easier for a little while! You may have taken notice during the month that many people who were once close have entered your life; the communication channels for those we love have been empowered and opened during this time. Use this time to repair old or lost connections with ease.
- Waxing Gibbous – Having passed the halfway point of the moon’s waxing cycle, it’s time to continue work on increasing a need in your life. As my old saying goes, “As the moon grows full of light, you shall grow full of what you need;” of course, the light that grows in you will be what you need or want in your life. Use the growing moon as a reflection of yourself, imagining that what you need in your life is becoming full as the moon, itself, grows to a full state. Be sure you are on the right track while there is still time to change your approach.
- Thursday – Thursday, the day of Jupiter, is a day to expand, grow, become inspired, empowered, and wealthy! As the largest planet in our solar system, as well as the most well known God in Roman mythology, Jupiter tends to grant Thursdays the abilities of generosity, wealth, growth, and expansion. Today is a great day for boosting and working on businesses, or increasing your own self-wealth!
- Numerology: 1 – Independence, creativity, raw energy, assertiveness, instinct, love, and fulfillment are the key words for the number one, and these, once more, play into today’s sign of Pisces. Today is a day of turning that raw energy into something! What will you use it for?
- Suggested Prayer/Spell work – Healing sore throats, reuniting with friends and family, increasing and bettering one aspect your life, great business, wealth, growth, and expansion, increasing psychic abilities or intuition, increasing understanding of your emotions
Love astrology? Want free daily updates to your inbox or on your Twitter feed? Subscribe or follow me by clicking the link below this article and under my photograph! Happy Living!
Copyright 2012 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.