Click here for the 2013 Full Moon Calendar or the January 2013 Moon Phase Calendar!
Tonight, the moon rides through Cancer, the watery sign of introspection and traditionalism, we can expect small things to seem overly important as the moon amplifies our sensitive side. You may notice you want to do something the old-fashioned way, or be uptight if something does not work out how you had hoped or if people do not live up to your suddenly high expectations! A ride through cancer moon certainly is a trip!
As always, this article is written using Astronomical Astrology, meaning the positions listed are in tune with our actual night sky, rather than a book; so, if your signs are different than these, that is why. I love encouraging every one to take a moment and look at the actual night sky. You will be surprised and in awe at how similar we are to our real circumstances! All times are based in Hattiesburg, MS – CST.
Tonight’s Moon Phase – 95% Waning Gibbous
- Moonrise – 7:26 pm
- Moonset – 8:50 am, Monday, Dec. 31, 2012
- Waning Gibbous – With the moon in its initial stages of winding down, it’s time to wind something down in your own life as well! The waning moon stage is the latter half of the moon’s cycle where the light leaves the moon until it reaches the new moon phase, or the clean slate phase. During this time, chose something in your life to act as the light in the moon, visualizing it leaving your life just as the light leaves the moon. Incorporate this change into your prayers, rituals, and physical life!
- Moon in Cancer – Cancer, the cardinal water sign ruled by the moon, sends us vibrations of introspection, traditionalism, security consciousness, and extreme sensitivity and moodiness. You may notice your new ability to feel threatened by people when you are doing a personal task, or a want to work on something by yourself. Relying on others seems to have become a bad idea in your mind, but don’t worry, there is a good side to the moon being in Cancer! Use this time to study yourself and see if there is anything you need to improve upon as a person! This is also a great time to work on healing the home, chest, and stomach.
- Sunday – Sunday is the day of new beginnings, as it is the first day of the week! Having cleared our lives of everything from the past week yesterday, it’s time to set the tone for the rest of the week! Use today to envision what you’d like to accomplish over the next week, smile a lot, and love yourself! This will set the rest of the week into positive motion! Ruled by the sun, today is a great day for leadership, protection, prosperity, and happiness prayers and spells! With the moon waning, it is much better to remove obstacles that are stopping you from achieving these items!
- Numerology: 2 – Two is the number of balance, partnerships, harmony, love, charm, and personal will! Use today’s numerology when incorporating your prayers or spells for the day! The number 2 is also ruled by the moon, just like the sign of Cancer!
- Suggested Prayer / Spell work – Protection by removal, happiness by removal, introspection and removal of negative traits, increased prosperity by removal, healing of chest and stomach, and cleaning the home.
Love Astrology? Love knowing what phase the moon is in? Want free updates to your inbox or feed about new articles? Subscribe or follow me on Twitter by clicking the links below this article under my photo! Have questions? E-mail me at Examiner.JenniferJordan@the-broomcloset.com! Happy Living!
Copyright 2012 Jennifer McDonald / All rights reserved.