“I can’t believe we wasted our money on that crap movie.” That’s one thing you never want to hear yourself say while leaving a movie. Unfortunately, we say it more often than we would like. The sad truth is there are many “crap” movies released every year. Below are the worse of the worst. If you are lucky, you did not waste your money on any of these movies.
10. “Seeking Justice” – No top ten worst movie list is complete with at least one Nicolas Cage movie on it.
9. “Premium Rush” – Joseph Gordon-Levitt had one heck of a year this year, but this tale of him being a New York City bike messenger was the low point in that year.
8. “Battleship” – Proof that a popular board game does not translate into being a good movie. The one good thing that might have come from this movie is that maybe it put the kibosh the chances of a Candy Land movie from ever getting made.
7. “Dark Shadows” – Arguably the worst movie Tim Burton has ever made.
6. “Three Days (of Hamlet)” – Ordinarily, only movies that has received a National released can make this list, but this independent film that played in certain films festivals this year was SO bad, it had to be mentioned one more time.
5. “The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure” – Last year the movie, “Creature” was number 1 on this list as it broke a box office record by having the worst opening weekend in movie history. This nightmare of a movie broke that record less than a year later. It was supposed to be a great family film, but maybe if they turned things around and made it into a horror, and had those Oogieloves ripping people’s heads off, at least it could later become some sort of a cult classic.
4. “John Carter” – In an interview with Lynn Collins, the lead actress in this Disney bomb, she revealed how the sequel should be written shortly after the movie’s released as long as it did well. Chances are, after Disney losing over $200 million on this dud, that script was never written.
3. “Cosmopolis” – Now that Twilight is over it is clear Robert Pattinson may be in real trouble as even his teenaged fans stayed away from this snore-fest of a movie.
2. “Piranha 3DD” – The #1 worst 3D movie of 2012. Everything that made “Piranha 3D” so fun to watch, this movie went in the complete opposite direction.
1. “The Devil Inside” – This was the first new release of the year and it was terrible! You would think over the next 52 weeks a new movie could supplant it from being #1, but none did.
If you had seen any of the above movies this year you have this writer’s sincere condolences. Cheer up as tomorrow we will see what movies were the best of the best in 2012.