The OneScreen Festival has announced the winners of its global short film & video competition at a ceremony and screening at New York City’s famous Landmark Sunshine Cinema.
Best of Show has been awarded to director Martin Rosete for his arresting short film “Voice Over,” depicting a character involved in three extreme situations that move between vastly different times and spaces. Acclaimed director Errol Morris earned Best Direction for his short “It’s Not Crazy, It’s Sports: Team Spirit,” created by agency Wieden+Kennedy for client ESPN. The OneScreen “Best Music Video” award was presented to Alma Harel for her direction of the band Sigur Ros’ provocative video “Fjögur Píanó,” starring actor Shia LaBeouf.
Hundreds of creative entries poured into the OneScreen competition, which consists of five submission categories: Narrative, Documentary, Music Video, Animation, and Branded Content, with individual honors going to to Best Director, Cinematographer, Writer and Editor and one overall Best of Show entry. The winners were selected by an accomplished panel of judges from diverse corners of the entertainment, advertising and film/TV production industries. The OneScreen winners are as follows:
- Best of Show “Voice Over” by Director Martin Rosete
- Best Direction: Errol Morris for “It’s Not Crazy, It’s Sports: Team Spirit
- Best Writing: Kevin Jones for “Chrysler: It’s Halftime in America”
- Best Narrative: “Loot” by Director Greg Rom
- Best Music Video “Fjögur Píanó” by Director Alma Harel
- Best Animation “Address is Approximate” by Director Tom Jenkins
- Best Animation “Video Painting Europe” by Director Bruno Levy
- Best Branded Content: “The Beauty Inside” by Director Drake Doremus
- Best Documentary “The Roper” by Director Ewan McNicol
- Best Editing: Ryan Hunt for “Shane”
- Best Cinematography: Ewan McNicol for “The Roper”
Created by The One Club, producers of the prestigious annual One Show and Creative Week, OneScreen began in 2004 as an offshoot from The One Club’s annual event for its members titled “What I’d Rather Be Doing…” with a showcase of art, performance and film expressing their personal passions and pursuits. It since has grown to become a global competition with creative short film and video entries from around the world. This 2012 awards are sponsored by Sid Lee, designer of the OneScreen website and last year named by Forbes as one top 5 performing agencies in the world and, popcorn favorite Indiana Popcorn, and OneScreen, Inc. one of the world’s leading digital video solutions partners for producers and aggregators, publishers and networks, and advertisers and agencies.
Wining work in the OneScreen Festival will be available on the OneScreen site following tonight’s event so click here for more information.
You can follow The One Club online here, on Facebook and or Twitter.