Find a list of Thanksgiving prayers, blessings and quotes below and use them to bless the holiday meal, share with friends, as a Facebook status, or just to spread the word on Twitter how thankful you are for family and friends.
If you are sending Thanksgiving flowers, a card or even an e-card, use one of these meaningful quotes in the card to the recipient.
Thanksgiving is a day when everyone gathers to share a meal and express their thanks and gratitude to their family members, friends and quite often, their co-workers.
Whether you are looking for a thoughtful prayer to say before your begin eating your holiday feast or you just want to express your thanks to friends and followers on your social media channels, find several quotes, prayers and blessings below.
In addition, there are a number of resources on the Internet that will help you find the perfect blessing or quote to celebrate Thanksgiving Day.
Thanksgiving Prayers and Blessings
Top 100 Thanksgiving Prayers for Thanksgiving or Any Day – A long list of classic prayers, Bible quotes, poems and more with related resources. (Continue below)
Psalm 31:19 How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
Catholic Prayers of Thanksgiving – Prayers for before or after your meal, all in an alphabetical list.
Be present at our table, Lord. Be here and everywhere adored. Thy creatures bless and grant that we may feast in paradise with Thee. – John Cennick
Thanksgiving Prayer – The history of giving thanks on Thanksgiving Day. This site also give suggestions for creating your own personal prayer. Find suggested Bible verses and a children’s Thanksgiving prayer.
Give us this day our daily bread, O Father in heaven, and grant that we who are filled with good things from Your open hand, may never close our hearts to the hungry, the homeless, and the poor; in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. – The Abbey of New Clairvaux
Children’s Thanksgiving Prayers – A collection of holiday prayers just for children.
I asked, “Lord, please teach me how to pray?” And the Lord said, “Okay.” Prayer is kindness, prayer is caring, Giving friendship first, and sharing.
Thanksgiving Quotes and Sayings:
- Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men; but be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude. – E.P. Powell
- The Pilgrims made seven times more graves than huts. No Americans have been more impoverished than these who, nevertheless, set aside a day of thanksgiving. – H.U. Westermayer
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. – John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Remember God’s bounty in the year. String the pearls of His favor. Hide the dark parts, except so far as they are breaking out in light! Give this one day to thanks, to joy, to gratitude! – Henry Ward Beecher
- Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many–not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some – Charles Dickens
- If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, “thank you,” that would suffice. ~Meister Eckhart
- Thanksgiving Day comes, by statute, once a year; to the honest man it comes as frequently as the heart of gratitude will allow. – Edward Sandford Martin
- Thanksgiving, after all, is a word of action. – W.J. Cameron
- There is one day that is ours. There is one day when all we Americans who are not self-made go back to the old home to eat saleratus biscuits and marvel how much nearer to the porch the old pump looks than it used to. Thanksgiving Day is the one day that is purely American. – O. Henry