Each New Year people make many, many promises to themselves. They promise to be better, sleep better, eat better and exercise more. And each year by January 31st more than half of those promises have gone out of the window. This year there is a solution for your resolution, the Ritual Wellness Cleanse.
The New Year or even a new season is a good time to partake in a juice cleanse. It can also be beneficial to do during a transition in one’s life. A juice cleanse does not always have to be related to weight loss. As we shed the old and prepare for the new, a juice cleanse will get your mind and body prepared for those goals that you have set.
The Ritual Wellness Juice Cleanse company have three specific juice cleanses or you can customize your own. All of their juices are 100% USDA certified organic, 17 fl ounces and cold pressed. The Ritual Juice program consists of six juices to supplement a daily diet and you can include pre & post workout juices for a total of 6 daily juices or add them to total 8 juices. The juices arrived cold-packed via FedEx overnight shipment and was to begin the very next day.
Each juice had to be consumed in their numbered order approximately two hours apart.
The Seasonal Reset Ritual Cleanse for the day had three Green Juices numbered One, Three and Five. They consisted of –
- Green Lemon: Kale: Loaded with anti-oxidants, beta carotene, calcium, and vitamin C. Romaine: Delivers anti-oxidants K, A, C. Awesome per calorie nutrient profile supports weight loss. Spinach: Protein and iron make this leafy green a quality source of overall nutrition. Celery: A natural diuretic, known for pushing toxins out while balancing electrolytes. Cucumber: Touted for flushing excess water from the cells while hydrating the skin. Green Apple: A sweet source of minerals and antioxidants. Lemon: One big squeeze stimulates digestion, increases circulation and promotes alkalinity.
- Green Ginger: Kale, Romaine, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, Green Apple, Ginger: Stomach soother and immunity booster.
- Sweet Greens: Kale, Romaine, Spinach, Celery, Cucumber, Green Apple
Juices Two and Four were –
- Spicy Lemonades consisting of: Alkaline Water: Carries oxygen to your cells and regulates pH levels. Lemon: Vitamin C and flavanoid compounds support immunity and liver function. Raw Agave: Provides trace minerals and natural sweetness. Cayenne: Capsaicin boosts metabolism and alleviates congestion.
Juice number Six was –
- Cashew Crunch Mylk consisting of: Alkaline Water, Cashews: Healthy fats and protein combined with tryptophan make this the perfect nut to support a restful sleep. Cinnamon: Controls blood sugar levels and supports healthy insulin responses. Vanilla: Stimulates serotonin production and fights free radicals. Nutmeg: Strong antibacterial properties and know to ease anxiety Raw agave: Delivers trace minerals, replaces glycogen stores and delivers natural sweetness in a slow releasing form.
The Pre Juice consisted of the Red Energy: Beet, Pear, Apple, Celery and the Post Juice was the Cashew Crunch Mylk.
The Taste Was…
As these juices are freshly pressed, they were not abundantly sweet, which is a good thing. There were no ‘sugar highs’ and no downfall on the other side. They were filling and tasted very good. Having juiced our own juices in the past, these combinations of greens and fruits were an excellent blend. Yes, you can juice your own juices. But all of that slicing and dicing takes up a lot of time. And if you are busy and have set some lofty goals for yourself this year, you have to consider what your time is worth. Why do it yourself when someone can do it better and deliver it fresh to your door? We highly recommend Ritual Wellness Juice cleanse for a short 3-day cleanse or even a two week cleanse. Whichever you decide it will be worth the benefits for your new you and your new year.
To learn more about Ritual Wellness, check out their website: www.ritualwellness.com, “Like” them on Facebook and follow them on Twitter.
I invite you to ‘like’ us on facebook.com/skincareforathletes or follow us on twitter: @athletesskin.