Use it or lose it. Innovative older adults fitness programs in Atlanta. A fun energizing fitness and wellness program is keeping older adults in the groove of health by forming fitness and social groups called SilverSneakers. Most healthcare plans, including Medicaid accept the fitness membership and offer conditioning classes, exercise equipment, pool and sauna and more for holiday weight loss. The fitness program is offered across the country. Studies show that older people are more likely to get involved in fitness programs that are trustworthy.
Improve strength, balance and endurance
Fitness with benefits. The SilverSneakers program is a well-rounded program that offers classes and seminars on health and well-being as well as fitness to promote a healthy lifestyle. Holiday weight loss is just one issue also affecting older adults. It is a proven fact fitness will help your heart and prevent disease. If you are inactive doing anything is better than doing nothing and SilverSneakers can help you to get back in the fitness groove once more and maintain your health. It’s never too late. Studies show the next thing to fail you after your body is your brain due to inactivity.
SilverSneakers programs in Atlanta:
1. Atlanta Medical Center, Highland Athletic Club 261 Parkway Dr. Atlanta, Georgia 30312 Phone: 404-265-4759 Offers: Resistance training, hot tubs/whirlpools, Year-round cardiovascular, aerobic/group exercise. Get Directions
2. Snap Fitness, offers resistance training equipment and cardiovascular equipment,
–1000 Marietta St NW Marietta Ste. 240, Georgia 30318 Phone: 404-736-6127 -245 N. Highland Ste. 250 Atlanta, Georgia 30307 Phone: 404-584-9669
-920 Glenwood Ave. Ste. 102 and 103 Atlanta, Georgia 30316 Phone : 404-627-8000
-1799 Briarcliff Ste. Q2 Atlanta, Georgia 30306 Phone: 404-875-5656
-3621 Vinings Slope SE Str. 1100 Atlanta, GA 30339
3. Colony Square Athletic Club, 1197 Peachtree St. Ste.513 Atlanta, GA 30361 Phone: 404-745-3039 Offers: steam and sauna, cardiovascular and resistance equipment.
4. The Wellness Center at Dekalb Medical Center, 2665 N. Decatur Rd. #10 Atlanta, GA 30033 Phone: 404-501-2222 Offers: Resistance equipment, cardiovascular equipment, aerobics, group exercise and year-round pool.
5. Atlanta Human Performance Center, 3250 Hogan Rd. SW Atlanta, GA 30331 Phone: 404-346-1526 Resistance and cardiovascular equipment, Pilates, group/aerobic exercise.
6. Anytime Fitness, 4500 W. Village Pl. SE Unit 2011 Smyrna, GA 30080 Phone: 707-431-9470 Offers: Resistance and cardiovascular equipment.