On Christmas Day, it’s being reported that a Sandy hero is dead. A young man named Dylan Smith, who saved the lives of several people during the destruction of Hurricane Sandy, was found dead in Puerto Rico this week.
According to the Associated Press, it is believed that Smith drowned.
“A police statement Sunday has identified the tourist as 23-year-old Dylan Smith, whose body was found floating Sunday morning near his surfboard in waters off Maria’s Beach in the western Puerto Rican community of Rincon. The town’s beaches attract surfers from across the world.
Authorities say a local resident spotted Smith in the water and brought him to shore. A local doctor tried to resuscitate him but the surfer showed no signs of life.”
During the devastation of Hurricane Sandy, this young hero used a homemade rope and his surfboard to bridge a watery divide, saving the lives of six people. That is why it’s extremely sad to hear that Smith may have died from drowning, as he saved so many people’s lives from that same fate months ago.
In fact, this Hurricane Sandy hero got so much recognition for his Good Samaritan efforts, he was named one of People magazine’s Heroes of the Year.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha’s song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald’s leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
5) 9-year-old rapper releases Sandy Hook song ‘Stop Da Violence’
6) Crocodile leaps at the face of a swimming tourist (VIDEO)
7) NRA’s Facebook page goes dark after CT school shooting
8) Watch the touching tribute to CT school shooting victims by NBC’s ‘The Voice’
9) Joseline of ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ dances on a stripper pole
10) Rapper Tyga crashes is Lamborghini, then snaps a photo of the wrecked car
11) Spike Lee rips into ‘Django Unchained,’ but hasn’t watched the movie
12) Was the Ryan Lanza Facebook page really all just a hoax?
13) Bethenny Frankel to separate from her husband after 2 years
14) Andruw Jones arrested for battery on Christmas Day
15) Could Piers Morgan be deported for his gun control comments?