Two teams off to terrific starts will meet for the first time this season as the (13-3) San Antonio Spurs visit the defending NBA champion (10-3) Miami Heat.
American Airlines Arena on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami, Florida, will be the site for tonight’s potential NBA Finals preview. Opening tipoff is scheduled for 8 p.m. EST (7 p.m. CST) and it’ll be broadcast live on TNT Sports.
According to the latest NBA odds, Miami is likely to remain perfect at home for the year as the Heat [-6] is listed as a 6-point favorites over the Spurs [+6].
NFL predictions specialists also predict that these interconference teams will likely combine and score an OVER/UNDER of 205 points.
For those interested in straight-up bets for this game, the money-lines go as follows: San Antonio [+200] vs. Miami [-240].
The Spurs come into this game, winners of five straight games and looking to push their road record to 10-1 with an upset.
In the betting world, Tim Duncan & Co. have been one of the most profitable “against the spread” teams to bet on in the young NBA season.
Heading into tonight’s game, San Antonio holds an ATS record of 10-5-1 and is 10-6-0 mark in O/U wagers.
Thus, the majority of the betting population believes that the old Spurs can go into the Triple-A and hold their own by covering versus Miami Thursday night.
In fact, 51% (874-834) of the betting population likes the visitors with a 6-point cushion this evening.
In addition to the general consensus, here’s some additional information bettors must know before investing on San Antonio as an underdog this evening:
- Spurs are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 road games.
- Spurs are 6-1-2 ATS in their last 9 games playing on 0 days rest.
- Spurs are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
- Spurs are 18-6-2 ATS in their last 26 games following a SU win of more than 10 points.
- Spurs are 18-6-2 ATS in their last 26 vs. Eastern Conference.
For Miami, the defending champs have picked up right where they left off last season, as they start the day sitting atop the Eastern Conference.
The Heat will put their perfect 6-0 home record on the line versus the seasoned Spurs, as well as their current 4-game win streak.
However, for as good as Miami has been this season, its actually been quite a disappointment in the ATS betting department.
Dwyane Wade, LeBron James & Co. come into this game with a sub-500, 6-7-0 record in ATS bets thus far.
As a result, only 49% (834-874) of the public believes that the Heat can win this game by a minimum of seven points.
Much like we did with the Spurs, here’s a look at Miami’s latest ATS betting trends:
- Heat are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games.
- Heat are 8-1 ATS in their last 9 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
- Heat are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
- Heat are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Heat are 23-9 ATS in their last 32 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
NBA Picks: Under normal circumstances, I would suggest to take the San Antonio Spurs at +6. However, considering breaking news now indicate that Tony Parker, Duncan and Manu Ginobili will be seating this one out, it’s impossible not to take the Miami Heat at -6.
Subscribe to receive the latest news, picks and predictions happening around the world of sports.