As 2012 slowly comes to an end, many people are still without work and can’t seem to have any success finding a job they so desperately want and need to live in this country.
While many people may feel hopeless at the thought of never finding a good paying job – or just a job that can put food on the table and pay a few bills, some are in a state of panic as the year comes to an end because extended unemployment benefits may run out on January 1.
Have no fear!
Employers are looking to hire new employers in 2013 and here’s proof with a few jobs that were posted on Twitter.
Company: Creative Circle
Position: Senior Web Designer – Freelance – Agency!
Estimated Duration: 1–2 months, possibly longer
Starts: January 7
Our client, a digital media agency, seeks a Sr. Web Designer for full–time freelance work starting in January.
You’ll be working on a major site redesign for a large client in the healthcare space as well as contributing to other clients/projects as needed.
We’re looking for someone with a strong interactive portfolio that includes national brand experience and a proven ability to design sites that are functional and capable of producing strong B2B results.
You’ll be working alongside a project manager, an art director, a few designers and several developers.
You’ll need skills in the Creative Suite with a focus on Photoshop and Dreamweaver.
Experience in bio–med/pharma is plus!
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to: ATL41@jobalert.creativecircle.com
Company: Creative Circle
Position: Conceptual Digital Designer with hands on dev skills
Estimated Duration: Full–time
Starts: January 14th or before
Are you looking for a full–time opportunity with an amazing global independent integrated marketing communications agency?
We are seeking a Digital Designer for our client who will be responsible for bringing ideas to life in the digital space. This role requires the ability to be a strategic & conceptual thinker coupled with a strong ability to execute and produce.
If you feel you are qualified for this position please send your resume (and samples if applicable) to: ATL41@jobalert.creativecircle.com.
Position: Publisher Development
We need someone to help find and recruit awesome websites for the BuySellAds network.
Candidates should have a basic knowledge of online advertising. We want someone who can convey their personality through email, who is cordial, well–written, and organized. A social personality and solid networking skills are a huge help.
This is a full–time job with benefits.
The ideal candidate:
- Is familiar with the basics of online advertising, either as an advertiser, or a publisher
- Can write a damn good email (can’t stress this enough)
- Likes to play detective and use online tools to find information
- Is friendly and legitimately likes getting to know people better
- Wants to work at a fast growing, bootstrapped, and profitable company
- Enjoys working within a small group of highly talented folks vs. being a cog in a giant machine
- Is a self–starter, doer; we don’t micro–manage
In This Job You Will:
- Find sites in specific categories that are the top of their class, along with contact information and anything else that would aid recruitment efforts
- Contact site owners about opportunities with us and convince them to join
- Persuade our current site partners to increase their involvement with us
- Help new sites get set up in our network as quickly and easily as possible (and help brainstorm making this process more efficient)
- Possibly attend recruiting meetings with specific publishers, or attend conventions as recruitment efforts ramp up
- Work closely with a small team within an already agile and lean company
- Join a company who is on a great path, most recently recognized by Inc. Magazine as one of the 500 fastest growing private companies in the United States
- Work remotely or in our Boston headquarters
- Health and dental benefits for US employees
This is a full–time position. To learn more, ask us the tough questions, or send a friend our way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Los Angeles, CA
Company: L.A. Weekly
Position: Part–Time Food Blogger
The L.A. Weekly has an immediate opening for a part–time food blogger.
We’re looking for a stylish writer capable of accurate reporting, astute observation and, yes, the occasional striking photo. The ability to generate multiple story ideas each day is important, as is knowledge of food in general and the L.A. dining scene in particular.
This job is part–time –– we estimate about 25 hours a week –– but it’s salaried, and it also includes full benefits, including vacation, sick pay and an expense account.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and links to three recent pieces of published work to email@example.com.
Cottage Grove, Minn.
Company: The South Washington County Bulletin
Position: Seeking a qualified candidate to be our next full–time reporter. The Bulletin is an award–winning weekly publication and a robust website.
- Cover any kind of story – breaking news, beat coverage, community events, feature stories, special projects.
- Write briefs and accurate early stories for the Web.
- Shoot photographs, take video and use social media to share and develop stories.
- Work accurately, punctually, independently and ethically.
- Develop sources in multiple south Washington County communities.
- Work collaboratively with all staff at the South Washington County Bulletin and other Forum Communications Company newspapers.
- Plan daily and ongoing coverage with editor.
- Be a generalist.
- Stay attuned to local, regional and state issues that affect our communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility and reliability is vital. Ability to work unpredictable hours without loss of quality.
- Ability to handle deadline stress and to work at a deadline pace.
- Must be able to quickly develop an understanding of issues in south Washington County.
- Work hours may include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to relate with people in the community.
- Ability to handle sensitive and emotional situations, balance competing demands, set priorities and juggle several issues at once.
- Must be fair but aggressive when warranted.
- Knowledge of AP Style is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/experience in journalism, preferably having worked at least one year on a weekly or small daily.
- Must have computer skills in word processing, general photo and video editing.
- Familiarity with the Google Apps platform is preferred.
- Strong writing and interviewing skills, including the ability to listen to interview subjects and take accurate notes.
- Knowledge of freedom of information and libel laws.
- Exhibit a deep–seated sense of fairness and sensitivity to all readers and subjects of articles.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by the company.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 01 / 10 / 2013
Email your resume and approximately six clips demonstrating a variety of reporting and photography experience: Scott Wente, Editor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Company: Nationwide Technical & Executive Search – Irving, TX
Position: Protection & Control Relay Substation Technician #6816
Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Perform installation, commissioning, testing and maintenance of protective relaying equipment, relaying schemes, DFR equipment, SCADA systems, distribution automation systems and associated communication equipment.
- Perform function testing of substation control circuits on relay panel, transformers & circuit breaker changeouts.
- Perform end–to–end relay testing using Doble Protest software to verify carrier and fiber systems.
- Develop written standard commissioning, testing and maintenance procedures for protective relaying, DFR’s, RTU’s, IED’s, Distribution Automation and associated communication systems.
- Manage projects onsite throughout the duration and effectively interface and own the relationship with customers and their vendors.
Minimum Qualifications: to qualify for consideration, you must meet each of the following minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent; certificate from technical school or utility training program a plus.
- Must have a minimum of five years related experience in the areas of transmission line and substation protective relay control system and SCADA/Automation checkout, installation, testing and trouble–shooting; an equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
- Demonstrated thorough proficiency regarding protective relay, substation communication, and/or SCADA/Automation theory and application, general electrical/electronic theory and computer hardware and software skills.
- Experience desired with most of the following: RTU’s: GE D20/400, RTU/IED Communications – 4 wire data and 2 wire RS 485/RS 232, RTU protocols Experience with IEDs: SEL 2032, SEL 421, 311A, 311B, 311C, 311L, 734, Bitronics, ION 7350, Qualitrol TTL 1000 Experience with test sets and software: Doble 6150, ASE 2000 Test Kit, Arbiter, Protest, RTS, Megger MPRT & EZ CT 2000. Experience with relays: Schweitzer SEL 421, 311A, 311B, 311C, & 311L, ABB DPU 2000R, HU, CA16, KD & LCBII, GE PVD, BDD, STD, CEY, L90, D60, B90, Areva Must be able to work safely with electricity.
- Must be able to pass a pre–employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must complete a satisfactory criminal background check.
- Must be available to work overtime and periodically out of town for extensive periods (up to 10 weeks).
- Must be able to climb ladders, stand for extended periods, drive regularly and fly domestically, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, and currently have and be able to maintain a good driving record.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to (Sam) email@example.com. You may also call my cell at 248.890.6231 or text me any time until midnight PST (weekends are okay as well) if you have any questions. Feel free to also send me an invitation to connect on LinkedIn.
Feel free to visit our website for other open positions. We try and keep them current. If it is posted, it is still active.
Nationwide Technical & Executive Search, Inc. www.nwexs.com
Company: Pattern Industries
Position: Tractor Sales Operations & Support Manager Direct Hire
Position Details & Responsibilities
The Tractor Sales Support Manager will ensure that all operational and administrative tasks within the Tractor Sales Department are completed accurately and timely in order to optimize sales and increase PINS. The Manager will be responsible for supervising the Fleet Administration Manager, the Sales Coordinators, the Quoter, and all other assigned personnel in the department. This position reports directly to: Vice President
• The Sales Support Manager must have the ability to work in a team setting, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, and lead projects to completion. This manager must be very detail–oriented and possess analytical and problem–solving skills. Also required are good communication skills and a familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Experience creating monthly reports and dealing with large amounts of data is necessary. Also needed is experience in forecasting and planning both P&L figures and inventory levels. Continuous process improvement is vital in this role.
• A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected for this position.
• Duties (including but not limited to):
- Manages daily activities of the operational sales support function
- Oversees the workflow of all business processing including preparation of reports, charts, and other statistics to support and direct the sales department
- Oversees the P&L to ensure profit maximization and serves as a resource to Tractor Prime Mangers
- Manages the AIM Fundand all other Caterpillar marketing programs
- Submits required information and reports to Caterpillar on a timely basis
- Supplies support and information when needed from other departments
- Conducts monthly S&OP meetings and tracks orders to completion
- Responsible for Tractor Prime inventory management, including planning, ordering, depreciation methodologies, and disposition strategies for aged inventory
- Calculates commissions and submits to the Payroll Department monthly
- Supplies audit support to Caterpillar for quarterly audits
- Compiles and distributes required reports on a monthly basis to the Executive Board
- Compiles and submits periodic reporting to Caterpillar regarding PINS projections and Rental Financial Metrics
- Performs ad–hoc financial analyses and various projections
- Manages the Monthly Lost Sales Reporting Process and participation rates
- Provides business intelligence information to support and guide the sales force
- Assists with Tractor Sales strategy
- Assists with new business plans and execution
- Compiles annual budget and business plan with input from Territory Sales Mangers
- Responsible for maintaining departmental policies and procedures to ensure adequate internal controls are met
- Responsible for continuous process improvement
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3–5 Years Management experience required
Qualified candidates, please apply through this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=3469221