Tonight is a big one—have you bought your Powerball lottery ticket? Can you imagine winning a half billion dollars? “Half a billion” just sounds so much better than 500 million, doesn’t it? Of course, anyone’s chances for winning are 1 in 175 million. On the outside chance my ticket has the winning numbers, this weight watcher definitely has a list of things to buy after some of the winnings had been given out to my favorite charities and projects.
Admit it—you know what you would buy if you won, too, after paying off all bills and the mortgage. So, what does the list look like for someone trying to lose weight. Here is mine:
1. Buy a big empty lot with better views in my neighborhood, where I would build a big house with its own fitness room, equipped with the latest exercise equipment, plus a big-screen TV to watch shows while on the treadmill, and to exercise to the many DVDs in my exercise collection.
2. Hire the best personal trainer I could find for five days a week for at least a half year. Heck—my preference would be to get Jillian Michaels to come to my house. I like her boot camp style coaching. Besides, she used to be overweight, so she not only can empathize, but also sympathize with those trying to lose weight.
3. Next, I would hire a personal chef who would prepare only healthy meals for me in my new state-of-the-art kitchen (lunch and dinner, since breakfast is a no-brainer for me).
4. Then, I would hire an image consultant to go through my closet to tell me what is currently making me look bigger than necessary. For every five pounds lost, then, I would take the consultant shopping with me so that I bought clothes that were most flattering for my figure. Sometimes, the older we get, especially when one is retired, we have a tendency to get a little sloppy, since we don’t have to dress for a job. The more we look and feel good, the most positive our image outlook becomes. So regardless of your weight, the goal should be to look good at all times, because that will make you feel good, too, and provide the motivation to continue on a healthy path.
5. Finally, I would spend two weeks at one of those great health spa resorts in Arizona, or perhaps go to The Biggest Loser resort in Utah. Three of my friends would be my guests there, as well. That would be fun.
Now, since we all know our chances are slim (no pun intended) for winning, and our dream bubble will most certainly burst, we need to have Plan B. Tune in tomorrow to learn about this weight watcher’s Plan B. Good luck tonight!
New Mexico participates in the Powerball lottery. Most sales close one to two hours before the drawing, which is at 9:59 PM ET.