Now that the wrapping paper’s been tossed out, it’s time get some use out of the gift cards and cash that will quickly burn holes in your pocket. From small and cheap to extravagant and luxurious, here’s where to start:
Things to toss in your purse
- Lip balms: you can never have too many, especially in the winter. For ones with SPF, try this Infinity Sun Avance Balme lip care set– a range of four lip balms that contain organic oils and extracts to keep lips smooth and protected with SPF 15. For fruity, sweet lip protection, try Sun Bum’s SPF 30 lip balm in flavors/scents like banana, coconut, and pomegranate.
- For all the new tech gadgets you’ve received, make sure to stock up on microfiber cleaning cloths to erase nasty, germ-filled fingerprints. Try GoSwype portable, printed cleaning cloths on anything from iPhones to tablets.
- Hand cream, like lip balm, is best to have in bulk. One for the car, one for your bag, one for your nightstand. Try any of the great scents and formulas from Bath & Body Works, like their Shea Cashmere Hand Cream (on sale for $5) or Vanilla Bean Noel (on clearance for just $2)!
Things to keep on your vanity
- Even if you haven’t bought the perfect NYE party dress yet, a glamorous pout will do all the talking for you. Buy some of Katy Perry’s favorite GlitzyLips lip foil designs ASAP to wear to your NYE bash and no one will even notice if you came in your sweats.
- Buttery, smooth, luxurious eyeshadow. If you need the perfect, essential duo, try Kevyn Aucoin Eyeshadow Duo in 210: a sugared peach and rust brown duo that works everyday, for every occasion. Check out b-glowing.com to see the entire eyeshadow duo collection, but this one is really the winner.
Things to keep near your sink
- New year, new skincare, right? Go for a whole new regimen with SeabuckWonders Natural Skin Care Program: a set that includes cleanser, serum, moisturizer, and body lotion. Each product contains Omega-rich “it” ingredient sea buckthorn oil to soften, smooth, and protect skin.
- A facial treatment, like Epicuren Pumpkin Apple Spice Peel, will leave your skin looking radiant and feeling silky-smooth. Plus, it smells wintery and delicious to keep the spirit of the holidays lingering well into the new year.With a celebrity following like Brad Pitt and Cameron Diaz, what other reasons do you need?
- The most delicious smelling, makeup removing, spa-experience-in-a-jar cleanser award goes to the Eve Lom Cleanser. It’s so good, the word “cleanser” suffices with no other cleansers in the range. A thick, solid creamy cleanser that heats into an oil on contact with the skin, an entire experience and ritual is created to make makeup removal the most luxurious part of the day. Pick yours up from b-glowing.com, hands down the coolest site to find niche luxury beauty products.
Things to keep in your carry-on
- If you’re on winter break or traveling somewhere warm to escape the snow, don’t forget to pack an awesome set of headphones. Possibly the coolest ever are the Skullcandy Aviators, with the option to customize down to the cord and headband color. Inspired by the design of aviator sunglasses and designed by Jay-Z’s Roc Nation, these headphones deliver supreme sound, style, and comfort. If you like the sound of Monster’s Beat headphones, you’ll love these. Plus, they look way more unique and eye-catching–check out Anne Hathaway rocking a pair on the cover of Glamour’s January issue.
- Protect your unmentionables in a CupCase Your Bras™ travel case. Pack it full with bras, panties, socks, jewelry, perfume and more, throw it in your bag, and forget worrying about snagging, crimping and creasing.