Although he says that he loves the United States as a “second home,” CNN propagandist Piers Morgan said in a Daily Mail op-ed Saturday that he may “seriously consider” deporting himself if gun laws are not drastically changed.
“That’s right, Americans. You must change your laws, and The Constitution, or else Piers “Musket” Morgan is taking his idjit ball and going home,” the Twitchy staff wrote Sunday.
Commenters at the article appeared more than happy to see Morgan leave.
“Bon Voyage,” said one commenter from New York.
“‘Threatens to leave!’ I want this arrogant man to PROMISE TO LEAVE and then do it, please take Barbara Streisand, Sean Penn, Diane Feinstein, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi and a bunch others with him. Get Out NOW! Oh yeah, and Obama,” said another New Yorker.
“From the USA. We love Britain. We just do not like Piers Morgan. If Britain has any problems that need solving please ask him to come back. He has all the answers. The main reason I can’t stand him is he has a lot of guts telling us what laws about guns we should or should not have. How would you in England like it if I from the U.S. had a TV show there and told you what you should do? I assume you’d tell me to go home. Viva Britain. But not Piers Morgan,” said “John F.” from Grand Rapids.
Twitchy said the response on Twitter was very similar to the comments left at the Daily Mail.
“Is @piersmorgan serious about self-deportation? Could America really be that lucky?” asked “Bethany S. Mandel.”
“Please leave our great country then. Our constitutional rights won’t change for your socialist British preference,” added “Kara.”
Several wanted to know if there was a fund set up to help Morgan make the move and one person said he would buy Morgan’s plane ticket.
After Morgan’s strident attacks against the Second Amendment and gun supporters, a petition calling for his deportation was started at the White House “We the People” web site. That petition currently has over 92,000 signatures, nearly four times the number required for White House action.
Many of his fellow Britons, however, have made it clear they do not want him back.
- CNN’s Piers Morgan suggests amending the Bible over gay rights
- Report: CNN’s Piers Morgan upset Americans posing with guns in Christmas photos
- New York paper to publish more legal gun permit holder information
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio sending armed volunteer posse to protect schools
- Daily Beast op-ed: David Gregory should not be prosecuted for breaking gun law
- Email indicates NBC used illegal magazine on air after being denied permission
- Authorities investigating NBC’s David Gregory for gun law violation
- Gun debate pits liberals, media against Constitution, freedom-loving Americans
- Report: NBC’s David Gregory violated D.C. gun laws on ‘Meet the Press’
- WH petition calling for deportation of CNN’s Piers Morgan reaches 25,000 signature threshold
- New York paper publishes names, addresses of legal gun permit holders
- Piers Morgan: NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre ‘dangerous, dim-witted, deluded menace’
- Yes, Virginia, there is a Democrat-media complex
- Ted Nugent to Piers Morgan on gun control: ‘Kiss my a**’
- White House petitions demand NRA be designated a terrorist organization
- New York Governor: Confiscation of guns ‘could be an option’
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Is it time for conservatives to boycott CNN for anti-Second Amendment propaganda?
- Classmate: Newtown shooter Adam Lanza had web page dedicated to Satan
- CNN’s Piers Morgan upset over White House petition calling for his deportation
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members after NRA press conference (Video)
- Discovery Channel cancels Ted Nugent’s gun show, says rocker will not be back
- Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee to America: Turn in your guns
- Meet six people who would not be alive if liberals had their way on guns
- Actress Marg Helgenberger: ‘One can only hope’ NRA members are shot dead
- University professor calls for beheading of NRA CEO, says NRA terrorist group
- Democratic Party leader: Call to shoot NRA members not a death threat
- Texas Democratic Party leader, blogger calls for shooting NRA members
- Should an apology from a Democratic Party Executive Committee member cover calls for mass shootings?
- Liberals on Twitter call for murder of NRA members, repeal of Second Amendment
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
Be sure to check out some of Joe’s other columns:
National Crime and Courts Examiner
National Social Issues Examiner
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.