The Portland fashionista is sporting a new trendy look the rugged urbanite woman or in otherwords the urban warrior princess.
The emerging look is inspired and empowered by teens and tweens who watch The Hunger Games.
Actress Jennifer Lawrence the rising American film star breathes life into this character and architype for young women.
The warrior princess image in part has always been around in American culture.
She has roots as far back as our ancestors who traveled to the US from Ireland, Scotland, Norway and even Icelandic cultures.
Now she has a new modern urban vibe and feel to her clothing. It’s gives enough reason to dress the part even in Portland.
Lets breakdown the look. Shopping for you inner urban warrior princess you will need:
(Click the slideshow link for all the fashion images from H&M.
- Fairisle cardigan sweater: Heat up an afternoon with hot coco, a cinnamon cappuccino or a fairisle sweater (Dance to an Icelandic Nordic vibe) that spells festive and cozy. Style and wear with your favorite denim shirt.
- Cable pullover sweater, cord leggings, ankle boots and colorful pattern on a wool scarf
Style tip: Dress with an emphasis on certain themes and colors.
- Zig zap patterned leggings worn under a chunky purple cable knit sweater dress and knee high boots
- Motorcycle jacket in plum over a chic denim shirtdress (50s vibe)
Modern style is all about mixing vintage, ready-to-wear and high fashion.
- Knit dress with cute knit hat: What makes this dress so special is the wintry print pattern. Pull the dress over a woven blouse and belted at the waist for a wild preppy combo
- Knit mini skirt with denim shirt is super adorable with textured tights and boots
Style tip: Combine hip-hop or street style with a girlie ideas like bows and sparkle.
- Poetic henley tee in retro jade makes for a great layering piece as well as a stand on it’s own wardrobe item
- Plaid shirt over thermal tee with jeans is perfect for a date at let’s say Timbers game at Jeld-Wen stadium
Style tip: Remember keep it casual with a few naughty fashion ideas to spice it up and have fun.
- Boyfriend cardigan over a mini knit dress worn while seated near the a blazing fire in the fireplace engrossed in a good read
Add a down vest or jacket for the cold outdoors, a trendy anorak in olive green or navy and you are good to go for an activity that comes you way.
Whether or not blending fashion with pop culture and/or old school fashion traditions is the your thing, get out there, and let your individuality shine.
Follow me Portland’s Writer Girl at CatherineGarvin.com