This was fabulous week to be home! Got to see the whole family and get in a little R&R…oh yeah and get the whole family involved in a little product reviewing.
This week I had my mom help me out with reviewing products sent to me from Own. We received the 24 Hour Gift Set! (Value $50) I loved that I was able to get a viewpoint of a 50-something year old to compare with my 20-something opinion.
Here we go…
Nighttime Lip Therapy: $9.99
Claim — User wears overnight on lips to soften and shape lips.
- Me: Goes on super glossy. I am really loving oil-based items right now and this felt ultra luxe and smooth like the moisture was soaking deep into my skin. Oh and I need it! Apparently the stress of the holidays got to me so much that I put a gash in my lips from biting them so much!
- Mom: Love the smell — is that vanilla? Goes on smooth but heavy enough to feel like it’s actually doing something.
Refining Moisture Night Cream: $24.99
Claim — Patented plant technology helps fight 3 signs of aging revealing smoother and softer skin.
- Me: Great smell and love that this is a plant-based product. Eco-beauty baby — let’s hope this works on my super dry skin and my fine lines! Its already soaked in, doesn’t feel like it’s clogging my pores.
- Mom: Nice citrus smell! Light to the touch — wow it goes on so smooth and seems to absorb really quickly! Let’s see what it does on these wrinkles…
Dual Protecting Day Lotion: $22.99
Claim — offers the protective power of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide to create a mineral UV shield that protects skin from damaging elements throughout the day. Enjoy the benefits of a light, non-greasy formula that absorbs quickly and works to boost your skin’s natural defenses for a healthier, UVA/UVB protected complexion.
- Me: Great basic daily moisturizer — nothing more, nothing less. not too heavy, not too light. Didn’t realize that it had SPF, thats another great benefit!
- Mom: Goes on even and smooth — seems gentle and non-greasy.
Day Lip Treatment: $9.99
Claim — keeps lips supple and smooth.
- Me: I’m in love! I have been so close minded in the world of lip treatment… I thought there was lipstick, lipgloss, or chapstick — nothing else. This is wonderful, so silky and smooth, and with a sheen that sends my lip gloss running. I would wear this day to day and even for an evening out!
- Mom: My mom is a chapstick gal from way back — so she struggled with putting on something that resembled lip gloss to her. She did say that because it was more of an oil base, she did like knowing that it was working and giving some serious moisture to her lips. Although she may not keep re-applying throughout the day — she did like starting off her morning wearing it.
After a week of continious use — there were rave reviews all around! My 23 year-old sister had also jumped in on the review process and even her acne prone skin was loving the gentle and balancing ways of this 24 hour system!
Unanimously, the most pleasantly surprising items were the day and night lip treatments. No matter your age group, we all loved how it made our lips feel. This was especially incredible to me who just a few days prior had dry, cracked, and bleeding lips! Big turn-around, and just in time for NYE thank goodness!
My sister loved the day cream — and has essentially stolen it for her own personal use. Finding something light, non-greasy, yet moisturizing enough for the upstate NY winter weather was pretty impressive.
My mom and I really like the night cream. After I put it on, my cheeks would get a bit pink and there would be a little tingling (very slight — don’t be scared!) that let me know it was working. No matter how I aggitated my skin (at home facial anyone!?) it would be smooth, calmed, and even by morning.
All in all — a great win. We absolutely loved this company! To learn more about Own Products visit www.ownproducts.com