Back again quickly this time with another batch of biker wit and witticism. The fact is I accumulate these at a steady pace because I include a “Biker Quote for Today” at the end of each blog post I do on my Passes & Canyons: Motorcycle Touring in Colorado website. Then when I do these articles I take 20 that I recently used on the blog.
I’m telling you this because I had a fun thing occur just this past week. For the second time ever, I heard from one of the people I quoted. Of course, it was fun for her, too, and she said she felt honored. That quote was from Gwen, who goes by the handle of Shoganai on the Adventure Rider forum.
So without further ado, here’s another batch of biker quotes.
- Don’t mind the slidin’, the crunchin’, or even the sudden impact … it’s wakin’ up to the wife bitchin’ that bums me out!
- You know you’re becoming addicted to riding when you leave on the bike to get some dinner and get home only to realize you didn’t stop to eat.
- You know you’re becoming addicted to riding when you look for excuses to go to the store to buy a Snickers bar or to the bank just to check the balance . . . several times a day.
- “I rode a lot of dirt bikes when I was younger, so I trust the chain and sprockets more than that newfangled voodoo shaft stuff!” — DolphinJohn
- Total rookie who decided the best way to learn was to buy a bike in Ecuador and take her for a spin through South America.
- Before enlightenment, change oil and adjust valves; after enlightenment, change oil and adjust valves.
- “Remember that an enduro tests the endurance of three things: your machine, your body, and your wits. Only one has to fail to keep you from reaching the finish line.” Cycle World March 1966
- Ride for the soul!
- You’re a biker wannabe if you don’t own a rain suit.
- I enjoyed being lost in such a nice place minus the gravel.
- So many bikes, so many roads … not enough time.
- I don’t always ride street bikes, but when I do I prefer V-Stroms.
- All too easy to dump money into these . . . but smile per $ is up there.
- What in the wide, wide world of sports is a-goin’ on here?
- I always pack the bungee net. You never know when you might pick up something that needs to be strapped down.
- I Vote Like A Motorcyclist.
- Give big space to the festive dog that makes sport in roadway. Avoid entanglement of dog with wheel spokes.
- Motorcycle racing: Because basketball, football, soccer, baseball, and tennis only require one ball.
- We are here to show those guys that are inching their way on the freeways in their metal coffins that the human sprit is still alive.
- There’s no adventure in turning around. — Shoganai
Recent from the Passes & Canyons Blog
An Email Hello From Someone I Quoted