It’s used to be 21-gun salutes that marked the passing of our nation’s heroes, not 4-letter obscenities. But that was then, and this is now.
Twitchy notes that the news of the death yesterday of Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf was greeted with the following Twitter messages. (Note: Profanities have been redacted, but the misspellings, grammatical infelicities, and other barometers of the posters’ intelligence — if that is the right word — have been preserved intact.)
Burn in hell, Norman Schwarzkopf, you baby killing a**hole #TopProg#tcot#p21#p2
@profanityswan Has he died the c**t?stockbridge tap pub had Stormin Norman ale. No way would Ibuy
“@CNN: Retired Gen. Norman Schwarzkopf dies.on.cnn.com/V9024i” Subhana ALLAH!!! May he be cursed and suffering in Hell now!!!
Gen. H. Norman Schwarzkopf was an old Republican tyrant and he bashed Teddy Kennedy and the Democrats – May Norman burn in hell #tcot—
Maliheh (@Maliheh_) December 28, 2012
For those of you not old enough to remember Norman Schwarzkopf, he used to kill Muslim women and children before it was cool.
Good riddance General Schwarzkopf. F**k anyone that had anything to do with the rape of Iraq.
@BreakingNews @AP to the hell Norman…..deep in the hell u terrorist
Eat sh*t in Hell for eternity, Schwarzkopf.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiriyah_… ….historycommons.org/entity.jsp?ent…
Sadly, this has become the new normal in so-called civilized society. Similarly ghoulish tweets appeared on Wednesday following reports that the health of former President George H. W. Bush has taken a turn for the worse.
For what it’s worth, this “drive-by” mentality is not limited to one side of the ideological spectrum, though ironically the side that is more prone to holier-than-thou lectures about civility appears to be the more flagrant offender.
Could it be that the nation as a whole needs a “time out”?
- Obama supporters respond to win by tweeting ‘F**k white people’
- Civility update: Dem congressmen nearly come to punches in debate
- Michael Moore: ‘Calm down, white people, and put away your guns’
- Liberals toy with idea of profiling white males as solution to Newtown
- Civility alert: Obama supporters issue death threats against Romney
- Love tweets to Brad Pitt’s mom: Liberals provide another lesson in civility
- Latest battle in the civility wars: Ted Nugent’s ‘threat’ against the president
- Civility alert: Liberal radio host says tornado victims forsaken by ‘their God’
- Liberals rejoice over death of Andrew Breitbart
- Twitter flooded with death threats against Scott Walker
- Civility alert: Waxman calls GOP ‘terrorists’; break Jan Brewer’s finger off
- Civility alert: WI protesters tell GOP senators “YOU WILL DIE!”
Follow me on Twitter or join me at Facebook.