A small group of about seven nude AIDS protesters stormed the offices of House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) on Tuesday, demanding no budget cuts and a “Robin Hood” tax to end AIDS.
According to Buzzfeed’s Chris Geidner, three female protesters were arrested for indecent exposure.
The Blaze reported that Geidner live-tweeted the protest.
The protesters, wearing messages on their bodies, chanted, “ACT UP. Fight Back. Fight AIDS” and “Boehner, Boehner, don’t be a di**, budget cuts will make us sick.”
“Capitol Police kicked all press out. We are not allowed to stand outside Boehner’e office even,” Geidner tweeted.
“An unfortunate video of the event shows them chanting: “That’s why we have to be so nude, budget cuts are really rude!” Erica Ritz wrote at The Blaze.
After that, Ritz said, the protesters chanted: “No more budget cuts on our backs. End AIDS with a Robin Hood tax!”
Vocal-NY tweeted that in addition to the small group of naked protesters in the office, over 50 others, presumably clothed, were in the hallway outside Boehner’s office.
A report at ABC News, however, said that the Speaker was not even present.
“The speaker, who has a plush suite of offices in the Capitol Building, never works in the district office, so he wasn’t privy, as it were, to the privates,” Z. Byron Wolf wrote.
Several sites, including Mediaite, Twitchy and the Gateway Pundit, posted pictures of the protesters.
Twitchy said that one protester claimed the “government is stripping people naked.”
“[T]he truth is, that people with aids have been stripped naked by the gov’t” – Jennifer Flynn @jenniferflynn @HealthGAP (sic),” one person tweeted.
“For once, I wish there had been a govt cover-up,” tweeted conservative columnist Michelle Malkin.
- Video: Students chant ‘Karl Marx,’ ‘socialism’ at White House victory rally
- Communist Party USA celebrates Obama’s re-election
- Screaming Obama supporter: Vote for Obama because he gives out free phones
- Socialists chant for ‘free abortion on demand’ at conference
- Dem. fundraiser: Redistribution of wealth, free housing part of American Dream
- Liberal Daily Kos diarist calls for ‘benevolent’ Obama dictatorship
- Code Pink to members: ‘Send your V to the RNC’
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 8: Barack Obama, Lord of the Mobs
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.