New Year’s Eve in Waikiki promises a night of celebrations and fireworks.
Members of the Waikiki Improvement Association are once again sponsoring the aerial fireworks extravaganza at Waikiki Beach welcoming the start of 2013!
The New Year’s fireworks show starts 5 minutes before midnight, on December 31 with one (1) announcement salute every minute until 1 minute before midnight, then a rousing rapid fire New Year’s crescendo will unfold celebrating the end of the year. The show will transition from the New Year’s finale to a 10 minute display of unique firework effects. Palm trees, coconut trees, rings, strobes, flitters, colorful falling leaves and a great Brocade Willow scene will be just a sampling of the variety. All total, we will fire in excess of 1200 shells to present this design.
Over 100,000 people will view this extravaganza of light and color launched from an offshore barge, visible from all over Waikiki. It will be a show worthy of a world class visitor destination!
A number of leading Waikiki businesses have recognized the guest and destination value of sponsoring this annual event including: Halekulani Hotel, Sheraton Hotels, Waikīkī, ABC Stores, Aqua Hotels & Resorts, Aston Hotels and Resorts, Bank of Hawai’I Central Pacific Bank, First, Hawaiian Bank, Hale Koa Hotel, Hawaii Prince Hotel, Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, Hyatt Regency Waikiki Beach, International Market Place, Luxury Row, Outrigger Enterprises, Pacific Beach Hotel, Queen Emma Land, Royal Hawaiian Center / Festivals Cos, Securitas Security Services, USA Star Protection Agency, Tiki’s Grill & Bar, Trump International Hotel, Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort, Waikiki Shopping Plaza.
Here’s a list of MUST-EXPERIENCE NYE parties
December 31 New Year’s Eve at Rum Fire on the Edge of Waikiki
- Sheraton Waikiki
- 8:00 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
- Hosted by Maleko and Miss Chanel
- Featuring Playboy Bunny, DJ Blondie, DJ Betty, DJ Sho, Superhero themed VIP areas, Spiderman (aka Red Bull Base Jumper, Miles Daischer) repelling from the Top of the Sheraton at Midnight, Aquaman & Meera water performances, Hero Go Go Goddesses & Gods, Batman and Catwoman Aerialists, Batman Tightrope Jumper
- Ticket pre-sale: $75 by calling (808) 921-4600 or $85 at the door
- 21+ welcome
December 31 – Aloha Tower Marketplace
- 7:00 p.m. – 2:00 a.m.
- Aloha Tower Marketplace celebrates NYE 2012 with a bang featuring a 12 midnight countdown on HUGE screens for “The Sky of Lighters” Firework Show by world renowned pyro company Grucci as seen at the Olympics.
- This massive event will also feature 8 stages with over 50 plus performers at signature venues Waterfront, Gordon Biersch, The Lanai, Villa, Hooters, Center Stage, Bikinis and new venue Sunset Room. As you enter Aloha Tower Marketplace strike a pose with your favorite cartoon character or the 12 feet tall stilt walkers. Take a ride on the wild side with the mechanical bull or enjoy the acrobatics or fireknife performers by Cirque Hawaii. Live music by Summer, Funkshun, So Roots, Roots Odyssey White Jackets, Virgin Mary, San Caribe and more. Hawaii’s elite DJs will keep the party rocking with Mashups, Top 40, Electronic, Hip Hop ad Reggae hits on huge video screens. This year’s show is more dynamic and diverse from previous years at the Tower.
- Promoters Ray Jr., Tantriq, The Artist Groove Network, Double OOSpot, Level H, Hot Lava, Livewire, Furious Styles and No Way Out unites to produce Hawaii’s largest New Years Eve celebration on the Island. Oceanic Time Warner, Clear Channel Radio stations Star 101.9, Jamz 93.9, KSSK and Cox Media Group KCCN FM 100 will be this years mass media partners.
- Pre Sale Tickets Prices:
- $25 General Admission
- $50 General Admission with Express Entry
- $100 VIP Admission includes Express Entry, Access to Pre Party from 6:15 p.m. with 1 complimentary Anheuser Busch drink and light appetizers, NYE Party Gifts and access to 2nd floor VIP Area with best view of “The Sky of Lighters” firework show
- $650 VIP 4 Top Table Service with 4 VIP Admissions includes 4 Express Entry, 1 RSVP 4 Top Table on 2nd Floor VIP area, 8 complimentary drink tickets, Access to Pre Party from 6:15 p.m. with 1 complimentary Anheuser Busch drink and light appetizers, NYE Party Gifts and access to 2nd floor VIP Area with best view of “The Sky of Lighters” firework show
- Buy Tickets at www.AlohaTowerNYE.com / www.Ticketmaster.com / keyword “New Years Eve 2012 Aloha Tower Block Party”, all Walmarts, UH Campus Center and military outlets.
- 21+ welcome
December 31st MASQUERADE New Year’s Eve 2013 with Red Bull DJ Tina T
- M Nightclub
- 8:00 p.m.
- $50 pre-sale GA, $75 pre-sale VIP, $75 GA at door, $100 VIP at door, VIP Packages $750 including table for 6 guests, bottle of Grey Goose and bottle of Piper Heidseck Brut, $1200 including table for 8 guests, 2 bottles Grey Goose and bottle of Piper Heidseck
- Celebrate the New Year at Honolulu’s award winning nightclub with Marque (Vegas) Resident DJ Tina T voted best female DJ in Las Vegas 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Reservations: www.mnlhnl.com
- 21+ welcome
December 31 – Grey Goose presents The Second Annual MODERN Experience New Years Eve 2013 ‘A TOUCH OF RED’
- The Modern Honolulu
- VIP Reception 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Event is from 8:00 p.m. – 4:00 a.m.
- Six designated party areas, picture perfect view of aerial firework spectacular.
- VIP Modern accommodation packages available.
- Skam Artist and Red Bull Artists DJ Jessica Who from Miami
- Audible Artist from Los Angeles Bee Fowl
- Hawaii’s best, DJ XL, Delve, Compose & ANIT
- Live music by Tahiti Rey and Jayson Alan
- Official hashtag is #ME2013
- 21+ welcome
December 31st – RUMOURS Nightclub NYE DRINK CHEER
- Ala Moana Hotel
- (808) 955-4811
- 21+ welcome
December 31 New Year’s Eve 2012 ‘Party of the Year’ at Kakaako Waterfront Park
- Kakaako Waterfront Park
- Starting at 6:00 p.m.
- Fireworks. Food. Ferris Wheel. Fiji. Fire Dancers. Festivities. FANTASTIC! Get it all at the 3rd Annual New Year’s Eve Party of the Year, voted Hawaii’s #1 biggest and best New Year’s Eve party for the last two years in a row! Ring in 2013 with eight areas of awesome entertainment, plus fireworks shows every hour, starting at 9 p.m., with the grand finale at midnight. Â This annual event celebration will take place at the breathtaking, oceanfront Kakaako Waterfront Park starting at 6 p.m. on December 31, New Year’s Eve. The new Kakaako location features a giant ferris wheel and a variety of attractions to enhance the overall experience.
- Free and open to the public is the EAT THE STREET BLOCK PARTY (Areas 1 and 2), featuring over 30 food trucks and vendor booths, live entertainment, DJs, fire dancers, a beer garden, fireworks shows and more.
- For those wanting to experience more, purchase a ticket and gain access to the Party of The Year! THE CONCERT (Area 3): featuring a phenomenal line up of over 10 bands, including international superstar Fiji, celebrating a new CD release and 20th year Anniversary with Rebel Souljahz, Mana’o Company, Kaipo Kapua, Irie Love, plus special guests we can even announce.
- Put your HANDS-IN-THE-AIR at Area 4, with Vegas-style mash-ups, hip-hop and Top 40. Area 5, Laserworks, speeds up the pace with luminous light shows, National Star DJ spinning the hottest electronic and dubstep.
- 21 and older can upgrade to a VIP experience: choose between the PARTY PLATFORM (Area 7)–elevated and smack-dab in the middle, with a sweet view of all the stages, or choose the CONCERT CABANA (Area 8) an exclusive section reserved for you and your friends.
- Additional attractions include the Official Vans Triple Crown Wrap-up party, where attendees can meet and party with pro surfers, witness the Redbull Airforce skydive into the party, mechanical bull rides, foam party and more!
- General Admission early ticket price starts at $25 and General VIP $75.
- Limited VIP Party Platform tables and VIP Concert Cabanas available; for more information, go to nyehawaii.com or PartyOfTheYear.com.
- Tickets are available online at Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets, including select WalMart locations, select military outlets or charge by phone at (800) 745-3000.
- +21 welcome