Whether it be as formal as a black tie event, or as informal as hitting a dance floor in jeans, there is bound to be something, somewhere for everyone who wants to step out for New Year’s Eve on the Space Coast.
Have a ball
For those seeking a more formal setting, perhaps a chance to wear a favorite gown, there are two New Year’s Eve Balls available:
- Azan Shrine Center in Melbourne will hold a ball from 6:00 p.m. until 12:30 a.m. Dinner is at 7:00 p.m. and there will be a cash bar available. The public is welcome. Tickets are $45-$50.
- WGRV The Groove, will hold a ball at the Holiday Inn in Viera. The ball, which includes dinner and dancing, will be held 7:00 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Cost is $99 per person and reservations are required; call 321-951-9310.
Pack a bag and a dress
If a little black dress and sport coat are as dressy as it can be, there are plenty of other festive events available.
- The Crowne Plaza in Indialantic invites guests to have dinner, partake in the cash bar, dance, enjoy a Champagne toast at midnight, and then sleep in. Cost $199-$279. Reservations required; call 321-777-4100.
- The Hilton Rialto, in Melbourne, will host Mike Harvey, a local radio deejay. The package costs $298.50 and includes a full open bar from 7:00 a.m.until 12:30 a.m., three-course dinner, live music and dancing, Champagne toast, room and breakfast. Reservations: 321-783-9004.
- The International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach will hold a TropStock New Year’s Eve Party that includes two days of music, a barbecue dinner, a buffet breakfast, a costume contest, Champagne toast and room. Cost is $225 per couple and reservations may be made at 321-392-1647.
Come as you are
For those who prefer things a little less structured, there are several choices around the Space Coast.
- Rockin’ the Dock at the Cocoa Beach Pier will be held from 7:00 p.m. to 2:00 a.m. and will feature live music in each of the restaurants and bars. A $20 ticket will allow entrance at all parties, Champagne toast and favors.
- New Year’s Eve On The Beach at the Sebastian Beach Inn in Melbourne Beach is a combination celebration and fundraiser. There will be live music from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. and the cover charge will benefit Serene Harbor.
And, in alphabetical order, the following locations will feature live music and mayhem:
- Applebees – Merritt Island. 8 p.m. – midnight. Featured band: Melissa Mercedes
- Beach Shack – Cocoa Beach. 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. Featured band Bone Dogs
- Captain Hiram’s – Sebastian. 3 – 7 p.m. Featured band: Greg & Brian
- Cocoa Beach Pier – Cocoa Beach. 9p.m. – 1 a.m., Band: John Quinlivan Bands
- Coconuts on the Beach – Cocoa Beach, Featured band: The Vibe
- County Line – Melbourne. 10 p.m. – 1 a.m., Music: Jason Tyler (Country)
- Crackerjacks Seafood and Tiki Bar – Titusville. 7 p.m. – ? Featured band: MaddHatters
- Crickets – Melbourne. 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. Featured band: Chuck Thayer
- Crown Plaza – Indialantic. 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. Featured band: Switch
- Fishlips – Port Canaveral. 4 – 8 p.m. Featured music: The Tiki Band
- Grills Riverside – Melbourne. 8 p.m. – ?. Music by: Muckfire
- Hilton Oceanfront – Cocoa Beach 7 p.m. – 1 a.m. Featured music: Micah Read
- Island Waterfront – Merritt Island. 8 a.m. – 12 p.m.. Featured music: Cocolocos
- Lou’s Blues – Indialantic. 9:30 p.m. -1:30 a.m. Featured Jazz group: Chain Reaction
- Milliken’s Reef – Port Canaveral. 9 p.m. – 12:30 a.m. Featured band: All About Nothing
- Oh Shucks – Cocoa Beach Pier. 9 p.m. – 1 a.m. Featured band: Panama
- Siggy’s All-American – Palm Bay. 8 p.m. – ‘whatever’. Featured band: Luna Pearl
Directions, details, and band information about all of the above can be found on the Space Coast Live (Music) website.
This Examiner salutes all those who volunteer to be designated drivers and encourages all those wishing to party on New Year’s Eve to plan ahead for a taxi, room, or DD. Happy New Year!!