It’s almost impossible to be a natural beauty without getting enough sleep. No doubt you have heard that most health experts recommend we get between seven and eight hours sleep a night on most nights. However, with today’s fast paced lifestyle of: energy drinks, coffee shops, trying to be everything to everybody, busy jobs – or time spent job hunting, and for us ladies – menopausal symptoms, well, a good many of us just do NOT get enough sleep! All one has to do is note the abundance of sleep aids available to get the point.
They say about 180 million Americans have difficulty either getting to sleep or staying asleep all night. Wow! Sales of prescription sleep-aids are climbing, some estimates put that dollar amount at $3 billion – yes billion with a B! I don’t know about you but I see a lot of advertising for these products on TV as well, if not trying to sell the pills, then you see the lawyers ads about suing the companies when the products didn’t work as intended!
After trying all the things you usually hear about to help you sleep well:
- No TV or computer (yes including Facebook) at least thirty (30) minutes before you go to bed
- No TV in the bedroom
- Create a safe, quiet, dark, and cool place for sleeping (kind of a sleeping “den” where you can slumber as a bear in a den when they hibernate)
- Comfy bed and bedding with a really good pillow
- If you sleep on your back, use a pillow under your knees
- No food or alcohol a few hours before sleeping
- Eye cover, ear plugs if you need to ensure darkness and quiet
- Do not work right before bedtime
- Counting sheep (yes people still do this, or count backwards from 100, count blessings, etc.)
I started a new job and between the learning curve of the new role, plus the hour commute, I needed a good nights sleep to deal with it all. Luckily a new coworker introduced me to a natural sleep product that’s made in the USA. I’ve never taken sleep products due to the “long as your arm” side effects of most over the counter and prescription sleep aids.
UPDATE: I only used the product for a couple of weeks and all was well again.
I ordered Vital Expression Serenity and within a week it was delivered to my door. I have taken it several nights now and I can say – it works. I didn’t wake up groggy either which is a HUGE plus – because I have that long drive. The best part for me – being the natural food and ingredient person I am – all the ingredients are natural.
It contains a synergistic blend of proven ingredients such as:
- Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA – also sold in health food stores to promote calm)
- Vitamin B6
- Valerian Root Extract
- Chamomile Flower Extract
- Passion Flower Extract
- L-Tryptophan (the stuff in turkey that makes you sleepy after eating it)
- St. Johns Wort Extract
- and more
You can check it out here and you may also like to order to try it out for yourself. It’s a powder that you mix with 2 ounces of water and drink about twenty or thirty minutes before you go to bed.
My sleep issues only began recently and are not due to any medical condition. Obviously you will want to rule out medical issues (so speak with your health care professional) before trying this product based upon any review. From the small bit of research I did on this topic it appears many of you are talking with your doctors because in 2006 alone this report claims 42 million sleeping pill prescriptions were written in 2005!
Take it upon yourself to be healthy, joyful, vibrant, and beautiful. Be who you want to be.
Information provided is for educational purposes only and is not intended to treat, diagnose or prescribe.
Follow me on Twitter: takeonyourself