It’s been a few months since “Madden NFL 13” dropped for football gaming fans across the country. Thankfully for those players, EA Tiburon has kept up with their promise to send out title updates, adding new features and fixing bugs.
The next update, the fourth, is due out tomorrow for both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3, the Wii U port of the game is not getting this update. The update will fix a number of bugs (listed below) along with adding a few features for Madden Ultimate Team.
First up is the ability to set up various lineups for the MUT squad, giving players the ability to save up to five different lineups. One of the changes coming in the update has been described as “more nuanced roster management”, geared towards the MUT. The update will sort teams by specific positions, like offensive line and defensive secondary.
This is a change from before when the game would break down the roster by offense, defends, and special teams. With the update, each roster segment will give you your team’s starters along with eligible players who are on the bench.
Along with these updates, a boost screen is being added to the MUT, which displays every ratings boost that your team has equipped. Quick collections are being added to the MUT as well, which reward players that finish card collections in MUT. Lastely, two minute quarters are being added to the MUT mode.
Here’s a complete list of the fixes coming in tomorrow:
- Fixed bug where Connected Careers panel in main menu is blank
- Fixed exploit in Madden Ultimate Team Solo Challenges where players were using frozen kick meter to run out the clock
- Fixed issue in Panthers playbook where Shotgun formation was properly displaying
- Fixed squib kick exploit
- Fixed exploit that allowed MLB to get instant pressure when in a specific position with a specific coverage called
- Fixed bug when reviewing a friend’s depth chart in Madden Ultimate Team
- Fixed erroneous screen telling Madden Ultimate Team players EA servers were unavailable when an opponent signed out before progressing to the loading screen
- Fixed issue where replaying completed Solo Challenges in Madden Ultimate Team consumed contracts
- Fixed issue where Connected Careers offline depth chart would reset after each game when player used imported My Madden roster
- Fixed issue where users could not save edits to existing NFL players whose names were flagged as profane.
- Fixed exploit where Madden Ultimate Team users who were kicked out a match for grieving were still granted 800 coins
- Fixed a menu display bug in Madden Ultimate Team matchmaking screen
“Madden NFL 13” is currently available for the Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii U, and Playstation 3.