After you have met with Jenny, Atkins, HMB, Medi and every other “diet” around, ask yourself are you happy with how you look standing in front of a mirror….naked? The truth is that many people on “diets” lose weight of some sort, and are able to wear smaller clothes, but are still very unhappy with how they look naked. The true test of whether or not you are happy with your body is to stand in front of a large mirror naked. You will either be pleased or disgusted. There usually is no in between ground.
You see, weight loss does not guarantee you a hard and lean body. If you are only worried with the scales going down, without any concern with what kind of weight you are losing, you will probably have loose skin. And no one likes loose skin.
Losing the proper kind of weight (body fat) is really quite simple. You simply have to make sure you are feeding your muscles what they need to sustain themselves and perform a proper resistance training program with some cardio work. And, you cannot starve yourself and sustain your muscles.
To look good naked, here is a simple guide to follow:
- Eat around a gram of protein for every pound of body weight, spread out evenly throughout the day.
- Eat small portions of starchy carbs and fibrous carbs every single day. Avoid eating large portions of carbs in one sitting.
- Work every single body part once per week in a resistance training program (free weights and machines). You can usually work every body part adequately by working out 3 to 4 days per week. Your workouts should be 30 to 40 minutes.
- Perform cardio 3 to 4 times per week, either immediately in the morning upon waking (before you eat anything) or immediately after your resistance training session (not before). Perform cardio for 30 to 45 minutes each session.
- Get adequate sleep.
- Don’t try some stupid, gimmick diet that is the latest craze! The best bodies in the world do NOT use gimmick diets.
The absolute best way to make sure you accomplish all of the things listed above is to hire an experienced trainer. Don’t be afraid to spend money on a good, qualified trainer. Your health and your body is worth the expense.
For more detailed information on how to look good naked in front of a mirror, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.mikephelpstraining.com.