Liberals and union supporters on Twitter issued a number of tweets calling for the death of Michigan Governor Rick Snyder over the right-to-work measure he signed into law, Twitchy reported Tuesday.
“I have signed the freedom to work bills into law,” Gov. Snyder tweeted.
“F**k Snyder ill kill him (sic),” tweeted “TheWhitegirl.”
“I Wanna Shoot Gov Snyder In His Eye. . .Bastard Been F**kin’ Michigan Left & Right (sic),” one person said.
“[Y]ou are soooo going to die painfully for this b******t, it isn’t even funny (sic),” said another person.
Some called for Gov. Snyder to kill himself, while others demanded Snyder’s voters commit suicide.
“If you voted for [Gov. Snyder] you should go home and kill yourself in front of your family,” one person wrote. The tweet was deleted, but not before being captured by Twitchy.
The hateful messages included a number of sexually explicit tweets, and one hatemonger wished that Snyder’s wife would get cancer.
Earlier Tuesday, Rep. Douglas Geiss, a Democrat from Taylor, warned of violence if the bill passed.
“We are about to undo 100 years of [labor progress]. There will be blood on the streets,” he said.
“We will relive the Battle of the Overpass,” he added, referencing a 1937 incident where labor organizers clashed with security guards working for Ford Motor Company.
After the bill passed, knife-wielding union protesters went on a violent rampage, destroying a tent set up by the conservative Americans for Prosperity.
Fox News contributor Steven Crowder was punched in the face four times, and was allegedly threatened with death.
“They said they would kill me with a gun. It’s all on tape,” he told Dana Loesch.
Union boss Jimmy Hoffa told CNN that Tuesday’s events were the opening salvo in a new civil war.
“This is just the first round of a battle that’s going to divide this state. We’re going to have a civil war,” he said on CNN’s Newsroom Tuesday.
Death threats from liberals on Twitter are nothing new.
During the 2012 campaign, unhinged liberals on the social media site threatened to kill Mitt Romney numerous times, and other GOP figures have been targeted with death.
- Unions react with violence after Michigan legislature passes right to work bill
- Michigan Democrat on right to work bill: ‘There will be blood’
- Michael Moore calls for revolt in Michigan, vows to disobey right to work law
- Liberalism: An ideology of rage and hate
- Do liberals really want a second civil war in America?
- Democratic Congressman says it’s time for unions to get bloody
- Wisconsin Dem to GOP Assemblywoman: “You are f*****g dead”
- Obama supporters on Twitter issue threats to kill Mitt Romney on eve of election
- Liberals on Twitter threaten to kill Romney, tweets forwarded to Secret Service
- Retired officer warns: Obama victory may spark civil war
- Texas judge warns of possible civil war, U.N. takeover if Obama wins
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 8; Obama: Lord of the mobs
- Liberals on Twitter make fresh threats to murder Mitt Romney after final debate
- Unhinged: Liberals on Twitter issue more death threats against Mitt Romney
- Liberal hate on Twitter: Romney, voters should be killed
- New tone: Liberals on Twitter call for death of Mitt Romney
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe’s blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe’s articles at Right News Now, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.