In a preview for the upcoming episode of “Oprah’s Next Chapter,” Jay Leno has been called the “most insecure” person ever encountered by rival Dave Letterman. And while this strange insult may make Letterman look petty, he also manages to compliment Leno in the preview, as well.
Sitting down with Oprah, Letterman had this to say about Jay Leno:
“The fact that he is also maybe the most insecure person I have ever known … I could never reconcile that.”
- Story: Howard Stern slams Jay Leno in interview
What’s particularly odd about Letterman’s comment, however, is that comedians are often considered to be inherently insecure. Having developed comedy as a way to cope with or take attention away from their personal vulnerabilities, most comedians have gone on record in interviews stating that they’ve grown up with self-esteem issues.
But Letterman managed to keep the interview positive, too. While he did call out Leno for being insecure and “unusual,” he also heaped praise on the “Tonight Show” host by stating the following:
- Story: Rosie O’Donnell bashes Jay Leno’s morals
“I’m happy to say, that I think [Jay] is the funniest guy I’ve ever known. Just flat out, if you go to see him do his nightclub act, just the funniest, the smartest, a wonderful observationist and very appealing as a comic.”
You can catch Dave Letterman’s interview with Oprah on January 6 on OWN.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
1) Ke$ha’s song pulled from radio, singer apologizes on Twitter
2) Katt Williams says he slapped Target employee over N-word slur
3) Tantrum over burger in McDonald’s leads to assault charges
4) Boy gets $6.9 million after being molested in 2008
5) 9-year-old rapper releases Sandy Hook song ‘Stop Da Violence’
6) Crocodile leaps at the face of a swimming tourist (VIDEO)
7) NRA’s Facebook page goes dark after CT school shooting
8) Watch the touching tribute to CT school shooting victims by NBC’s ‘The Voice’
9) Joseline of ‘Love and Hip Hop Atlanta’ dances on a stripper pole
10) Rapper Tyga crashes is Lamborghini, then snaps a photo of the wrecked car
11) Spike Lee rips into ‘Django Unchained,’ but hasn’t watched the movie
12) Was the Ryan Lanza Facebook page really all just a hoax?
13) Bethenny Frankel to separate from her husband after 2 years
14) Andruw Jones arrested for battery on Christmas Day
15) Could Piers Morgan be deported for his gun control comments?