2013 is approaching quickly so, for anyone looking to party, Las Vegas Weekly has you covered with their 2012 Party Guide and while it may be hard to list every exciting happening that takes place in our city, here is a collection of some of the more interesting Vegas headlines in 2012 (in no particular order).
- A young lady is marrying a cardboard cutout of Edward Cullen from Twilight, but it’s not because she’s crazy. Ironically, this is because she’s very smart and it’s part of a thesis she’s working on.
- A man had a heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill as he was eating a “triple bypass burger.”
- Billie Joe Armstrong went on a very memorable rant during his performance at the iHeart Music Festival as he reminded everyone he is not Justin Bieber. He was sent to rehab soon after.
- A California woman accused Justin Bieber of being her baby’s daddy and was later booked in Vegas on a battery charge for putting the smackdown on an ex-boyfriend.
- A GSA exec, Jeff Neely, continued to plead the fifth on the $800,000+ Vegas conference he organized in 2010 after footage of it was released. As reported by CNN, Neely repeatedly said, “I respectfully decline to answer any questions here today based on my Fifth Amendment constitutional privileges.” This basically translates to “while it is evident that we have behaved as ballers in Las Vegas, it is no one’s business what is done with the money of taxpayers and I shall not squeal.”
- Brandi Glanville of “The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” randomly married a good buddy of hers in Vegas and it was complete with strippers, alcohol, and plans of annulment.
- The Mob Museum opened.
- Whitney Houston’s daughter, Bobbi Kristina, was reportedly dating her ‘brother’ and planning to get hitched in Vegas. In her defense, the rumors were never proven true and her ‘brother’ is not actually related to her. He was brought into the Houston family a long ago but was never adopted and is of no blood relation.
- An unstable JetBlue pilot lost his marbles on a plane headed to Vegas.
- Much to the delight of dog owners everywhere, the Riviera Hotel and Casino decided to give the red carpet treatment to pets.
- March 26th was declared Purple Day to bring awareness to epilepsy.
- A U.S. Marine won $2,882,808.32 in the Bellagio.
- The Smith Center for the Performing Arts opened.
- Oompa Loompas were hanging out on the strip to celebrate the opening of the large candy store, IT’SUGAR.
- It was announced that the Megabus would be brought back by popular demand. There might also be a train put into operation from L.A. to Vegas for only adults to party on.
- Someone believed that UFO’s were circling around the strip and posted the video footage on the web. Someone was wrong.
- Well-known Olympic athlete, Suzy Favor Hamilton was found to be living the secret life of a Vegas escort, at a rate of $600 an hour.
For more interesting news, check out these stories you might have missed.