As always, no other destination city rings in a New Year like Vegas. Fireworks on the Strip (see linked LVE article below), big-name celebrity concerts and party-hosting, 300,000 plus partying visitors, specialty dining menus, and a general level of NYE insanity that is unique to Las Vegas will all be happening.
Below are categorized listings of some New Years Eve (NYE – Dec. 31, 2012) Las Vegas options for this year’s America’s Party.
Hit the Strip :
- Join the massive NYE street party that is anticipated to host around 300,000 revelers this year.
- Las Vegas Blvd will close to auto traffic at 6 p.m.
- Many Strip resorts will restrict entry 1 – 2 hours prior to midnight.
- Grab a good seat for the massive fireworks extravaganza that will begin shortly after midnight and will launch from seven different Strip resorts.
- Protect your cash supplies and employ common sense for safety’s sake.
Downtown’s Fremont Street Experience :
- The NYE celebration kicks off at 6 p.m.
- General admission tickets are $40.
- Non-stop music provided by Buckcherry, Quiet Riot, Yellow Brick Road, and numerous other live bands.
- Enjoy a 2012 year-in-review presentation on the Viva Vision canopy screen.
- Catch the midnight countdown by Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman.
Top 5 celebrity concerts / parties : The Red Hot Chili Peppers are performing a NYE concert at the Chelsea Ballroom at Cosmopolitan, but the show is sold out. Visitors can still catch the show for free on the Cosmopolitan digital marquee sign that towers over the Strip beginning at 11 p.m.
- Celine Dion – 7:30 p.m. @ Caesars Palace ; $55 – $250
- ICE-T & COCO – 8 p.m. @ Luxor’s LAX ; $80
- Black Keys – 9:30 p.m. @ The Joint at Hard Rock ; $99
- Nicki Minaj – 8 p.m. @ Pure Nightclub (Caesars Palace) ; $50 ladies & $100 men pre-sale tickets; VIP tables start @ $2000
- Gary Allan – 10 p.m. @ House of Blues (Mandalay Bay) ; $79.50 -$124.50
Top 5 cheaper dining deals :
- The Sourdough Cafe at Arizona Charlie’s Boulder is offering a special meal from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. for $11.99 with players cards ($13.33 without). The meal includes soup or salad, New York steak, vegetable and blue cheese mashed potatoes, and pumpkin or apple pie.
- The Sourdough Cafe at Arizona Charlie’s Decatur will serve a special meal from 4 p.m. to midnight for $11.99 (players club members) or $13.33 (non-members). The meal includes choice of leg of lamb or champagne chicken with potatoes and vegetables plus dessert.
- Public House at Luxor is offering a three-course menu (filet mignon, scallops, and squash soup) for $50 per person.
- Hussong’s Cantina at Mandalay Bay will serve a three-course meal with chorizo clam chowder, cappuccino flan, and shrimp Zarandeado for $40 per person.
- Mr. Lucky’s at the Hard Rock will offer braised short rib dinners ($28) or linguine and clams ($17) on NYE.
Other options :
- Silverton’s ‘Skip the Strip’ party offers guests a $20 all-you-can-drink special for the evening’s festivities.
- Serendipity 3 at Caesars Palace is selling reserved tables that provide excellent views of the fireworks show on the Strip for $50 per person.
- Great Gatsby Bash at the Henderson Executive Airport will feature a black tie affair that will be held inside two airplane hangars ($99 general admission and up packages).
- South Point Casino hosts a dance party ($69), an impressionist show ($19), and a Rockin Motown party ($39) among the NYE offerings. The Frankie Avalon NYE Gala party is also on tap for $179 per person.
- The Bash on Brooklyn Bridge at New York New York costs $170 per person which features a 4-hour premium open bar.
Check this link to view other Vegas NYE nightclub bashes, iconic DJ’s, and numerous other party venue options for the NYE celebration in Las Vegas.