Santa Claus and the NBA schedulers provided some outstanding games on the hardwood floor this Christmas. Whether it was the Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder game, the Los Angeles Clippers putting their 13 game win streak on the line against the Denver Nuggets, or the individual match-up of Carmelo Anthony vs. Kobe Bryant; fantasy basketball owners and fans everywhere had an abundance of exciting match-ups to watch.
Perhaps the most entertaining “team” match-up on Christmas was the NBA finals’ rematch between the Thunder and Heat.
The game was not only one of the closest games on Dec. 25th (103-97 Miami Heat victory), it was also the most physical. Tempers ran high throughout the game as LeBron James and Kevin Durant exchanged words, both teams were involved in shoving matches, and superstar Russell Westbrook punched a table in frustration.
Despite ending up on the short end of the loss to the Heat, Thunder’s forward Kevin Durant led all scorers in the game with a total of 33 points, seven rebounds and three assists. James produced quality numbers as well. By the end, James accumulated 29 points, nine assists and eight rebounds in the win.
Even though the individual match-up between James and Durant was very entertaining in its own right, New York Knicks’ forward Carmelo Anthony and Los Angeles Lakers’ guard Kobe Bryant helped provide the best individual match-up of not only Christmas day, but maybe the best so far this season.
Bryant and Anthony are the top two scorers in the NBA this season; so by no surprise, the two of them scored the most points in not only the Lakers and Knicks game, but of all five games played on Christmas day.
Both Bryant and Anthony finished the game with a total of 34 points. However, only Bryant and the Lakers received the present of a victory on Christmas; as the Lakers beat the Knicks 100-94.
Christmas day’s top performers:
- New York Knicks forward Carmelo Anthony scored 34 points, three assists and seven rebounds.
- OKC Thunder forward Kevin Durant scored 33 points, three assists and seven rebounds.
- Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant scored 34 points, one assist and five rebounds.
- Miami Heat forward LeBron James scored 29 points, nine assists and eight rebounds.
- Chicago Bulls guard Nate Robinson scored 27 points, three assists and four rebounds.
- Houston Rockets guard James Harden scored 26 points, six assists and five rebounds.
- Los Angeles Clippers guard Jamal Crawford 22 points, two assists and three rebounds.
For e-mail updates whenever a new article is posted, please use the SUBSCRIBE button to follow me. Also join me on Twitter: @apalinckx89 or E-mail me at email@example.com