Kings Dominion is hard at work on the brand new Planet Snoopy area of the park. This multi-million dollar expansion, opening in spring of 2013, will encompass almost 14 acres and make Planet Snoopy the largest PEANUTS-themed children’s area in the world. Re-themed favorites and eight new rides will combine to offer a total of 18 family-friendly rides.
Planet Snoopy’s eight new rides:
- Snoopy’s Rocket Express – An aerial monorail that gives families a view high above Planet Snoopy.
- Flying Ace Balloon Race – Hot air balloons, each representing different countries, lift up 15 feet into the air as riders spin around.
- Linus Launcher – Families will get a sense of flying around Planet Snoopy.
- Charlie Brown’s Wind Up – Hop in and swing around on a baseball-themed ride.
- Snoopy’s Junction – A Snoopy-themed railway with Woodstock leading the way.
- Lucy’s Tugboat – A rocking tugboat that families can set sail in for fabulous adventures.
- Snoopy’s Space Buggies – Defy gravity as families hop into moon buggies that bounce up and down and rotate in a circle.
- Woodstock Whirlybirds – Take a spin in a classic teacup with a new Woodstock-themed twist.
10 re-themed Planet Snoopy rides:
- Lucy’s Crabbie Cabbie (formerly Boulder Bumpers)
- Great Pumpkin Coaster (formerly Taxi Jam)
- Woodstock Express (formerly Ghoster Coaster, formerly the Scooby Doo)
- Snoopy vs. Red Baron (formerly Red Baron)
- PEANUTS Turnpike (formerly Junior Turnpike)
- PEANUTS Road Rally (formerly Road Rally)
- Boo Blaster on Boo Hill (formerly Scooby’s Haunted House)
- Joe Cool’s Driving School
- Flying Ace
- Snoopy’s Moon Bounce
All of the Planet Snoopy rides are designed for families to enjoy together. So get on board, mom and dad!
Kings Dominion is looking for a few good reporters
Kings Dominion is also searching for its first-ever Planet Snoopy KidCaster roving junior reporter. Candidates should be between the ages of six and 10, and will watch Planet Snoopy transform into the world’s largest PEANUTS-themed children’s area. The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will be featured on Kings Dominion’s YouTube Channel, Facebook and Twitter pages and more.
Interested children and their families can apply online at KingsDominion.com through Monday, January 7, 2013. A winner will be selected by Monday, January 14, 2013. The Planet Snoopy KidCaster will come to the park once a month between January and April. No purchase is necessary and a complete list of rules can be found on the Kings Dominion website.
To stay up-to-date on all of the most exciting theme park news and events, kindly click subscribe at the top of the page, connect on Facebook or follow on Twitter.