Locals and visitors are invited to dine out for a great cause on World AIDS Day, Saturday, Dec. 1, at Kimpton’s Zentan, the acclaimed global Asian restaurant helmed by celebrity chef Susur Lee.
Located at Kimpton’s Donovan House hotel, Zentan will offer a special Red Ribbon Menu, giving 100 percent of proceeds from a selection of its most popular appetizers, entrees and cocktails to Whitman-Walker Health, up to a total of $1,000. And for every item ordered, Kimpton hotels of Washington DC will match the amount dollar for dollar.
“Nearly three percent of all adults in DC have been diagnosed with HIV. Another two to three percent are likely infected but have never been tested. This dinner event will help us raise much-needed funds to treat those people in our area, and to help prevent people from being infected in the future,” said Don Blanchon, executive director of Whitman-Walker Health. “We are very proud to partner with Zentan and Kimpton for this event, and hope that those planning to attend the Candlelight Vigil will stop by the restaurant for dinner afterwards to further support our organization.”
Zentan’s World AIDS Day Red Ribbon Menu will be available from 5:30 p.m. until close. Reservations are recommended, and can be made in advance by calling: 202-379-4366 or visiting www.zentanrestaurant.com.
The World AIDS Day Red Ribbon Menu will feature:
- Birds of a Feather – Hanger One Buddha Hand Vodka, Chili, Lemon, Ginger Beer
- Hakushika Sake – hot or chilled, dry and traditional
- Szechwan Hot & Sour Soup with Chicken, Shredded Vegetables
- Chinoise Salad with Romaine Lettuce, Avocado, Mango, Snow Peas, Cashews and Creamy Sesame Soy Dressing
- Salt & Pepper Calamari with Citrus Smoked Chili Mayo
- Sweet & Sour Meatballs with Smoked Potato Purée
- Cantonese Marinated Skirt Steak with Chili Ponzu, Hazelnuts and Gai Lan
- Shang’s Crispy Garlic Chicken with Sweet & Sour Sauce, Shrimp Chips
- Stir Fried Squash & Tofu with Jicama, Asparagus, Bean Sprouts, Sesame Soy Ginger Sauce
- Vegetable Fried Rice with Pineapple and Roasted Almonds
- Banana Tempura with Ginger Lime Caramel
- Cookies & Cream with Ginger-Peanut Butter, Sesame-Chocolate Chip, Almond and Vanilla Ice Cream
The Zentan event is part of Kimpton’s annual Red Ribbon campaign, which takes place every November and December. For more than two decades, Kimpton has assisted HIV service organizations across North America through employee volunteerism, HIV educational campaigns, corporate donations, and raising funds through special events.
In addition to the special dinner at Zentan and other events being hosted by Kimpton around the U.S., when guest use Rate Code RRC when booking a stay at participating Kimpton hotels they will receive a 15% discount, and a donation of $10 per night stayed will be made to Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. Reservations can be made online at www.kimptonhotels.com/kimpton-cares/red-ribbon.aspx.