(Updated) In yet another in a string of seemingly endless bizarre incidents surrounding Katt Williams, the comedian/actor was arrested Friday morning in his Woodland Hills, Calif. home in the greater Los Angeles area on suspicion of felony child endangerment.
According to TMZ, officers from the Los Angeles Police Department arrested Williams following an investigation by the Los Angeles County Department of Children and Family Services that concluded:
“there were numerous guns and illegal drugs in the house that created a safety hazard for the kids.”
One of those firearms had been previously reported as stolen.
Williams’ four children were living with him at his residence but were placed into protective custody.
The bad dad was being detained at the Valley Jail in Van Nuys in lieu of $100,000 bail.
Williams was released from jail last night and reportedly told TMZ that his guns were secured in a home lock box. He also added:
“How do you keep kids safe without guns?”
Williams also admitted to TMZ’s photographer that there was some weed in the house, and also said that “weed is not a drug.”
Williams seemed to implode in 2012 with the following:
- November 9, 2012, a lawsuit was filed in the Superior Court of California County of Los Angeles which alleges that on October 6, 2012 Williams hit his former assistant with “a closed fist” causing serious injury. The plaintiff is asking for punitive damages in the amount of $5 million.
- November 15, 2012, Williams was arrested in Oakland, California on charges of suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon for allegedly beating an 18 year-old Berkeley, California man with a bottle aboard Williams’ tour bus.
- An attendee of Williams’ aborted November 16, 2012 performance at the Oracle Arena in Oakland filed a class action lawsuit days after the event, seeking compensation for himself and “all others who paid money for a show and got nothing but Katt Williams’ nonperformance.”
- On December 2, 2012 Williams was arrested in Seattle after he allegedly got into a dispute at a bar in South Lake Union.
- On December 7, 2012 Williams was arrested again in Dunnigan, California on a felony warrant arising from a November 25, 2012 incident in Sacramento, California where he allegedly drove a three-wheeled motorbike on a sidewalk and failed to stop for police. During the resulting police chase, Williams is alleged to have nearly hit five people with his bike, which prompted authorities to end the chase for safety reasons and issue the subsequent warrant.
On December 3, 2012 Williams announced the end of his stand-up comedy career. Three days later, he announced he was coming out of retirement.
For more on Katt Williams, see the video accompanying this article.
- Parents of three infants who died in fire arrested and charged with murder
- Woman arrested for buying weapons for Webster, N.Y. shooter William Spengler
- Homeless woman set on fire while sleeping on bus bench
- Another man pushed to his death in NYC subway (Photos)
Connect with Rich Webster on Facebook and Twitter.
To receive e-mail alerts to Richard’s Domestic Crimes articles, Subscribe Here to Get Instant Updates.
E-mail alerts are free, private and secure, and you won’t get any ink on your fingers.