Hulopoe Beach is an excellent sandy beach park on Lanai, Hawaii, and offers an outstanding Hawaiian beach atmosphere.
Known for excellent snorkeling, clean facilities, shady picnic tables, and crystal-clear water, Hulopoe beach park on the Hawaiian island of Lanai is an excellent place to spend the day. If you’re staying on Lanai, it’s an absolute must visit place.
Located next to the Four Seasons resort, the wide, sandy bay is home to dolphins in the early morning hours. It’s common for dolphins to come into the bay around 5 a.m. and play and jump before heading back out to the ocean.
Day Trip! Hulopoe beach is an excellent day trip from Maui. Take the ferry from the harbor in Lahaina Town to Manele Harbor. Rates are about $30 each way and there is a discount if you live in Hawaii and have a Hawaii-issued ID.
Hulopoe beach is just an easy, 5-minute walk from the Lanai harbor, and it’s good to get there early in the morning. Weekdays are better than weekends, as this is a very popular place with the locals on Lanai.
Tripadvisor offers some great reviews of Hulopoe Beach and you can see pictures, too.
•Take the early 6:45 a.m. ferry from Maui to Lanai and enjoy the morning hours at Hulopoe beach. The water is calm and crystal-clear in the morning.
•It’s just a short 45-minute ride across the channel between Maui and Lanai, but it offers incredible views of both islands. As you approach Lanai, the sea walls are spectacular.
•During whale season, you also get a nice whale watching tour as part of your ride to Lanai and back to Maui.
•The cost is $30 each way. If you are a local or know a local, the cost is just $20 each way.
•There is a general store at Manele harbor, where you can pick-up sandwiches, hot dogs, chips, soda, water and other items for a picnic lunch at the beach park.
Voted as one of America’s best beaches, take Trilogy from Maui and spend the day seeing Lanai.
•You can take a shuttle to The Lodge at Koele and walk around the beautiful, lush gardens at Lanai’s second island resort.
•Car and Jeep rentals are available in Lanai City, but they’re expensive. You can also visit the petroglyphs on the northwest edge of Lanai.
•Sweetheart Rock is on the edge of the eastern part of Hulopoe beach, and is an easy walk to see the famous rock where legends abound.
Enjoy the pictures of Hulopoe Beach Park on Lanai, Hawaii and make plans to visit the island while visiting Maui!
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the “gateway” to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world. Look at Top 10 Lists and also voice your opinion at Polls Only.
Love Delicious Homemade Food? Check-out the “Homemade Gurus” at Homemade Pizza and Homemade Mexican food. They have delicious recipes.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama’s Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It’s one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman’s Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It’s one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento’s On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali’ imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy’s in Ka’anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui’s Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe’o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A “must-see” beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali’i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui’s top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii’s largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.
Maui’s Top Activities.
- See a unique perspective of Maui with a zipline adventure with Piiholo Ranch Adventures and Skyline Eco Adventures.
- See Molokini or the remote stretches of the Kanaio Coast with Red Line Rafting.
- Atlantis Submarines offers you the only underwater tour adventure on Maui that the whole family can enjoy.
- To rent snorkel equipment on Maui, go to Snorkel Bob’s or Boss Frog’s.
- Want to see another Hawaiian island? Go with Expeditions to the island of Lanai.
- There’s nothing like seeing Maui from a helicopter and Blue Hawaiian may be the best of Maui.
- Looking to jet ski? Jet Ski Maui is a seasonal activity but is a lot of fun even for beginners.
- Sunset dining on Maui gives you an unforgettable experience, and the Maui Princess is the boat to be on.
- Want to parasail while on Maui? UFO Parasail on Kaanapali Beach has been doing it longer than anyone.
- Bike down the Haleakala volcano for an amazing experience with Haleakala Bike Company.
- Trilogy offers one of the best excursions on Maui with several different daily tours.
- Enjoy The Road To Hana in a luxury vehicle with The Maui Touring Company.
- Go with the whale experts at Pacific Whale Foundation. They offer a wide variety of daily excursions.
- Wanting to go horseback riding on Maui? Go with Pony Express Tours for the best experience.
- Go sportfishing out of Lahaina Harbor with Start Me Up.
- Captain Steve’s Rafting Adventures is the top dolphin and whale tour company on Maui.
- Warren and Annabelle’s magic show is one of the best entertainment values on Maui.
- For the best luau on Maui, go to the Old Lahaina Luau in Lahaina Town on the west side of Maui.
BONUS – Free Hula Shows!
At The Lahaina Cannery Mall on the west side of Maui, there are free hula shows. The Polynesian Dancers perform at 7 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday. The Keiki Hula Show (children performing) is at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
Maui’s Best Luau!
While visiting Maui or any of the islands of Hawaii. a luau is a must. Learn a few things about a luau before you go, and here’s a list of popular luaus to consider:
- One of the most popular and highly-rated luaus is the Old Lahaina Luau on the west side of Maui.
- The Feast At Lele is an oceanfront luau at 505 Front Street in Lahaina Town.
- The best family luau is the Kaanapali Beach Luau.
- Staying in Wailea? Consider the Wailea Marriott Luau and The Grand Wailea Luau.