Writing the spiritual growth and personal development book requires you to be spiritually connected and seeking to grow in your own life. Consider the following suggestions to start your writing project from the inside out.
SPIRITUAL CONNECTION: In order to write about spiritual growth and personal development, you must be connected to your Creative Source and be self-aware.
The Creator – Whether you call him God, Higher Power, Buddha, Jehovah, Allah …, there needs to be an intimate spiritual connection to drawer from in writing a book about spiritual matters.
- Seek Spirit – Believe that God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him because your connection to God will provide you with an unlimited Source of creativity to write a divinely inspired message for your audience.
- Spiritual Work – To cultivate an intimate connection with God, you must do the spiritual work involved. Actively engage in consistent prayer, meditation, inspirational reading, online or in-person spiritual studies and impartation of spiritual truths.
Self-Awareness – The ability to see yourself and strive to improve makes it easier to write spiritual and personal growth material.
- Recognize the need to grow to new levels and be open to what comes forward in your intimate time with God. Then be willing to act on the guidance received and share the lessons learned.
- Write from a place of personal reality, it will translate as truth and resonate with others. Drawing from personal experience makes your message more believable and appealing to readers.
AUTHENTICITY: Be truthful about who you are and your related experiences. It can make you happier, create opportunities and bless the people you encounter. You don’t have to be perfect, just honest and transparent with what you are conveying.
Spiritual Tool – Journaling is a good spiritual tool to capture your experiences, thoughts and feelings in a way that can be reviewed and restructured to encourage and empower others through the heartfelt lessons of your experiences.
- Get clear about desires and intentions in life areas such as relationships, personal boundaries, and work.
- Share from an authentic place of victory and power after you have experienced, learned and grown from the lessons.
You can write a spiritual growth and development book that will impact the lives of others when you are Spirit led, tuned into your God connection through prayer and meditation, obedient to His direction to grow spiritually and develop personally, and authentic in sharing your learned lessons and the divinely inspired message God wants to convey through you.
NOTE: Dearest Reader, I would be most grateful if you would subscribe to my column and share my articles of interest with your facebook and twitter network. Thank you and be blessed.