Black Ops 2 first made its debut exactly two weeks ago, bringing with it the new addition to the zombies franchise that started with number one. A little more difficult than the first time everyone came up against them, here are a few tips one should follow if they want to get themselves going in the most common mode, TranZit.
TranZit is the explorative mode of zombies in which you can venture into the fog on foot or take the bus along its route to each of the five destinations.
1. The bus is your friend. Let’s face it; no one wants to run through the fog with the denizens of the forest scratching at your face, pools of lava in your path, and ravenous blue eyed zombies trapping you in the dark. The bus will get you to each destination as safe as possible.
- Repair the windows on the bus and watch the ceiling where they drop down from.
- Look for things to add to the bus such as a ladder for the side for easy roof access, an emergency ladder for the ceiling to keep the hole closed and allow access to the roof, or the plow for the front of the bus so any zombies in the bus’ path gets crushed.
- Don’t knife T.E.D.D., the easily irritable robotic bus driver. If one knifes him too many times or wastes rounds on him, they will eventually get ejected from the bus, the player’s door unlocking privileges may be revoked, and he may even skip a stop.
- T.E.D.D. can be disabled by EMP grenades or the Avogadro.
2. Build, build, build. Scattered about the map are pieces to various things a player can create such as the Turbine, the Zombie Shield, the Power Switch, the Electric Trap, the Jet Gun, and the Pack-a-Punch machine.
- The Turbine is required to power many things throughout the map, a few being doors, perk machines, and electric traps.
- The Zombie Shield protects your back from zombie attacks and can be held in your hands to block your front. The shield can also be placed down to provide a temporary barricade.
- The Power Switch is as the name suggests and activating it will require less use of the Turbine. Beware though, activating the power will create the Avogadro; an electric creature that can only be destroyed by melee attacks (the Galvaknuckles being the best to do so) or an EMP grenade.
- The Electric Trap works much like the other electric traps featured in previous maps except you may place it yourself where it is needed but must be powered by the Turbine.
- The Jet Gun is the new wonder weapon of this version of zombies. It is made from parts scattered about the map and sucks zombies inward to dice them in its rotors. The downside to such a powerful weapon is that it does break and does not give the holder of the weapon any points for the kills.
- The Pack-a-Punch originally made its appearance in Der Reise in the first Black Ops and shows again in Black Ops 2 as a buildable machine sitting amidst boiling lava. The Pack-a-Punch machine reaffirms its original job of upgrading weapons here.
There are many things to discover in TranZit but these few things should be enough to get a player on the right track to success.
More information can be found at: http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/TranZit