If you’ve been feelin’ a little blue lately, it’s time to get happy. November 12 is Happy Hour Day! While the origins of this annual “holiday” are unknown, today is the day to raise your glass and make a cheer to a great tasting beer or beverage of your choice!
Happy Hour usually take place in the late afternoon and lasts until early evening in bars, clubs, restaurants and establishments across America. Business owners entice customers into their establishments by offering Happy Hour deals on beer, wine and cocktails. Patrons can sip on their favorite drink at a discounted price, relax with friends and enjoy the ambiance. And despite its name, Happy Hour typically lasts more than one hour.
Happy Hour Drinks & Cocktails
- Sex on the Beach – Speaking of getting happy, how about a little sex on the beach?
- Dirty Shirley – This beverage calls for vodka, Sprite and grenadine syrup.
- Dirty French Canadian – Speaking of dirty, you’ll need Crown Royal whiskey, Grand Mariner, ginger ale and angostura bitters for this drink.
- Bloody Mary – You’ll need Smirnoff No. 21, tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, tobacco sauce, salt, pepper and a lemon slice for this classic cocktail.
- Lime Beer Cocktail – You’ll need light beer, frozen lemonade and a lime.
- Kiss on the Lips – This cocktail, popular on Carnival Cruises, calls for peach schnapps, frozen mango mix and grenadine syrup.
- Real Margarita – This 5-star recipe, from the Barefoot Contessa, calls for Triple Sec, white tequila, lime and lemon juice, ice and kosher salt.
- White Wine Spritzer – You’ll need white wine, club soda, watermelon or cantaloupe balls and ice cubes for this refreshing spritzer.
- Martini – This classic drink can be shaken or stirred!
- Whiskey Lemonade – This drink recipe, from Martha Stewart, calls for fresh lemon juice, whiskey, Simple Syrup, ice and lemon zest.
- Tequila Sunrise – You’ll need tequila, pomegranate juice and orange juice for this simple cocktail.
- Sunset Cocktail – The perfect way to end the day.
- Cosmopolitan – This pretty drink calls for cranberry and lime juices, Triple Sec and Smirnoff No. 21.
- Pink Gin Fizz – This recipe calls for fresh pink grapefruit juice, orange juice, gin, Seltzer and Simple Syrup.
- Applebee’s Mango Martini – You’ll need mango rum, peach schnapps, Cointreau liqueur and pineapple and cranberry juices.
- Pear and Cranberry Bellini – Perfect for the holidays, this pretty cocktail calls for cranberry juice cocktail, dry sparkling white wine and pear nectar.
- Kamikaze – You’ll need Smirnoff No. 21, Triple Sec and lime juice for this one.
- Hot Buttered Rum – This 5-star drink, from Emeril Lagasse, will warm you right up!
- Candy Cane Cocktail – This 5-star beverage is perfect for the holidays.
- Santa’s Sleigh Cocktail – This pretty drink, from Sandra Lee, calls for brandy, store-bought eggnog, amaretto, cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, white sugar crystals and vanilla ice cream!
- Apple Granny Crisp – You’ll need apple schnapps, brandy, Irish cream, crackers, cinnamon, whipped cream and vanilla ice cream for this fabulous “drink.”
November 12 is also Chicken Soup for the Soul Day! Cheers!