Halo 4‘s Infinity multiplayer will be packed with unlocks when the Xbox 360 game releases at midnight on Monday. We’ve put together this guide of unlocks to help you plan your path to unlocking all the different weapons and abilities that will be available.
As players gain experience in Halo 4‘s War Games multiplayer, Spartan Ops co-op or Forge world building, they earn Spartan Points (SP) and Service Ranks (SR) with each level they reach along with access to weapons, armor abilities, tactical packages and support upgrades. Spartan Armor and Spartan ID customizations are unlocked too but we will save those for another guide.
Spartan Points must be carefully spent on each of the items Call of Duty-style as players progress through the 50 Service Ranks. Once Service Rank 50 is reached, a Specialization can then be chosen which grants additional items through 10 ranks. There are six different Specializations in all which means an extra 60 Service Ranks on top of the 50 that you start with. These Specializations can be chosen in any order but be aware that only two will be available for those that do not purchase the Halo 4 Limited Edition or don’t play the game by November 20.
Here is the complete breakdown of the Service Ranks and Spartan Points needed for all the weapons, armor abilities, tactical packages and support abilities for Halo 4.
- Assault Rifle – Default
- Battle Rifle – SR-1, 1 Spartan Points
- DMR – SR-1, 1 Spartan Points
- Storm Rifle – SR-5, 2 Spartan Points
- Covenant Carbine – SR-5, 2 Spartan Points
- Suppressor – SR-22, 2 Spartan Points
- Lightrifle – SR-22, 2 Spartan Points
- Magnum – Default
- Plasma Pistol – SR-8, 2 Spartan Points
- Boltshot – SR-18, 2 Spartan Points
- Frag Grenade – Default
- Plasma Grenade – SR-8, 2 Spartan Points
- Pulse Grenade – SR-18, 2 Spartan Points
- Promethean Vision – SR-1, 2 Spartan Points
Allow users to detect enemy signatures through walls and other hard surfaces.
- Thruster Pack – SR-1, 2 Spartan Points
Enables a powerful burst of movement offering the ability to evade or quickly close the gap.
- Hologram – SR-6, 3 Spartan Points
Allows a user to generate a nearly identical holographic decoy to deceive enemies during combat.
- Jet Pack – SR-6, 3 Spartan Points
Allows users limited flight through a vertical lift propulsion system similar to that of EVA reentry packs.
- Hardlight Shield – SR-10, 3 Spartan Points
Allows users to generate a protective barrier of hard light which stops most small arms fire and some explosives.
- Active Camoflauge – SR-10, 3 Spartan Points
Allows users to generate a visual effect stunningly close to invisibility.
- Autosentry – SR-16, 3 Spartan Points
An automated turret which can be deployed to defend its user or command a key battlefield chokepoint.
- Regeneration Field – SR-16, 3 Spartan Points
Allows users to release a short-range energy field that heals any nearby Spartan.
Tactical Package – Unlocks at SR-7
- Shielding – SR-7, 1 Spartan Points
Speeds up your armor’s energy shield recharge rate.
- Mobility – SR-7, 1 Spartan Point
Allows unlimited sprint.
- Resupply – SR-14, 1 Spartan Point
Allows the recovery of grenades from fallen allies and foes.
- AA Efficiency – SR-14, 1 Spartan Point
Increases the rate of which energy recharges for your Armor Abilities.
- Grenadier – SR-24, 1 Spartan Point
Increases the grenade carrying capacity.
- Firepower – SR-24, 1 Spartan Point
Allows you the use of a Primary Weapon in the secondary weapon slot.
- Fast Track (Pioneer Specialization) – SR50, 1 Spartan Point
Allows user to advance quicker in rank.
- Requisition (Tracker Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
Lets the player request new choices when an ordinance is granted.
- Wheelman (Operator Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
Increases the long term durability of your vehicle / how it reacts to EMP charges.
Support Upgrade – Unlocks at SR-12
- Ammo – SR-12, 1 Spartan Point
You get an extra clip when you spawn.
- Dexterity – SR-12, 1 Spartan Point
Allows faster reload times and switch weapon animation speed.
- Sensor – SR-20, 1 Spartan Point
Increased Motion Tracker Range.
- Awareness – SR-20, 1 Spartan Point
You retain your motion sensor while scoped.
- Explosives – SR-26, 1 Spartan Point
Increases grenade strength and decreases grenade damage to the user.
- Ordnance Priority – SR-26, 1 Point
Reduced Threshold for Personal Ordinance.
- Drop Recon (Engineer Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
HUD Indicator for incoming ordinance.
- Gunner (Pathfinder Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
Turret Cooldown + Mobility while Carrying.
- Nemesis (Stalker Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
Allows users to target and track down previous attacking enemies, highlighting them on the armor’s passive sensors.
- Stability (Rogue Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
Reduced Flinch While Shot In-Scope.
- Stealth (Wetwork Specialization) – SR-50, 1 Spartan Point
Faster Assassinations, Quieter Footsteps, Reduced Visibility vs. Promethean Vision.
- Loadout 1 – Default
- Loadout 2 – SR-6
- Loadout 3 – SR-14
- Loadout 4 – SR-26
- Loadout 5 – SR-41
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.