The release schedule for the Halo 4 map packs was accidentally revealed on the German version of the Xbox 360 dashboard on Sunday.
According to the image you see above, the Crimson Map Pack will hit Halo 4 first on Dec. 10. It’s then a two and a half month wait to get the Majestic Map Pack on Feb. 25 and then another two and a half months until the Castle Map Pack is released on April Fool’s Day.
These dates fall on Mondays which may seem like an odd release date for Xbox LIVE but fits in perfectly with the current schedule of Halo 4 Spartan Ops and multiplayer playlist updates which also falls on Monday.
The map packs will cost 800 MS Points ($10) each or can be had as part of the War Games Map Pass for 2,000 MS Points ($24.99). The season pass also comes with two bonus in-game helmets (‘Scanner’ and ‘Strider’), as well as a unique in-game emblem (‘Falcon’). The Map Pass is included as part of the Halo 4 Limited Edition.
Here are the official details on each of the three map packs for Halo 4.
Crimson Map Pack – Dec. 10
- Maps: Wreckage, Harvest, Shatter
- Description: Witness the chaos of a clash of civilizations in Wreckage, with its blend of claustrophobic spaces and dangerous exposures and venture into the human colony environs of Harvest, and explore a human foray on an alien moon in Shatter.
Majestic Map Pack – Feb. 25
- Maps: Landfall, Monolith, Skyline
- Description: Landfall’s emphasis is on infantry battles against a glittering ocean on a distant world, while Monolith exposes you to the naked vacuum of space – and the firepower of opposing teams, and Skyline’s distinctly industrial feel provides new challenges in somewhat familiar, but occasionally confined spaces.
Castle Map Pack – April 1
- Maps: Daybreak, Outcast, Perdition
- Description: Daybreak is set in a military facility against the backdrop of an idyllic mountain range, while Outcast plunges you into the warrens, canyons and arches of an alien edifice, and Perdition takes players into the heart of an urban sprawl, with tactical speed and situational awareness its key features.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter for the latest news or you can subscribe to our RSS feed or email alerts.
Via: Halo Council