If you missed last year’s near world-record sale, then you can get it straight this time around.
This Saturday, 72 miles of A1A – the Coastal Byway through St. Johns and Flagler counties – turns into one long yard sale.
You have 48 hours to make up your mind: Do I miss what making even more GR8RJax™ history, or do I sit on my ass and watch football again this weekend?
Turn someone else’s crap into your own treasures
Nothing says love like re-purposing.
Think re-use, not re-gift this holiday season, and miss the Black Friday madness.
The Friends of A1A 4th Annual Super Scenic 72-Mile Garage Sale starts Saturday morning at 8 a.m. at any point along the Scenic Coastal Byway Event and runs until 5 p.m.
Need help navigating the Byway?
Cell Phone Audio Tour maps and information are available.
72-mile sale by the numbers
Folks, this is a big, big deal.
- National, Regional, Local Media Outlets Involved: 50+
- Number of miles: 72 miles north to south from the Duval/St. Johns County line to the Flagler/Volusia County line, from Atlantic Ocean west to the Intracoastal Waterway.
- Garage-Points Of Sale: 180+. There are even garage-salers at the marinas at Vilano Beach, Camachee Cove, and Marineland.
- Community Site Locations: 25 with multiple sellers! 20 large community sites
- Businesses & Vendors: 200+ and growing
- Social Media Readers: 500,000 on Facebook® alone with 153 likes
- Vacation Raffle Packages: 4 (Each package includes 35+ items.) Raffle drawing will occur at 5 p.m., and the they’ll winners notified immediately! Packages include hotel accomodations, restaurants, attractions, and other amenities from the best of the byway businesses located in Ponte Vedra, St. Augustiine, the Hammock, and Flagler Beach.
Enter the Super Scenic Raffle
Five bucks buys you a raffle ticket for a Super Vacation Package.
As you’d expect, the vay-cays are A1A-themed. You can choose from the
- Ponte Vedra Paradise Package
- St. Augustine Always Awesome Package
- Hammock Home Of Peaceful Places Package
- Flagler Beach Fun Fancies Package
Each is valued at $1,000. The drawing is November 19 at 5:00 p.m. You need not be present to win.
Join the legions of ‘salers
So far over 380 families and businesses have signed on for the sale.
Here’s a list of stops at the sale.
What are you waiting for?
Draw yourself a map, make a plan, load the car and hit the U-Haul® place.
You need another croquet set.
You know you do.
4th A1A 72-Mile Annual Super Scenic Garage Sale
- Sat., Nov. 17, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Coast Byway, St. Johns & Flagler Counties
- E-Mail: Sallie_OHara@scenica1a.org
- Phone: 904.540.0402
©2012 All rights reserved.
OFFICIAL BIO: K Truitt is a second-generation, native Floridian born in Jacksonville. Truitt worked in public higher education for 25 years, most recently in Texas, is a successful grant writer, knows newspaper publishing, printing and graphic design and wants to work in the public sector. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org