During the fall or autumn season pumpkins are plentiful. A great way to use those wonderful pumpkins is to make a pan full of pudding for dessert. This pumpkin pudding recipe is light, creamy with a frothy touch that won’t make you feel over-stuffed after enjoying a big holiday dinner.
- 1 (15-ounce) can of pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 (6 serving) package of instant sugar free vanilla pudding mix
- 1/4 cup of low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 cups of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a medium bowl beat the pumpkin, pudding mix, milk, and cinnamon at medium speed until well blended.
- Then fold the whipped topping into the pumpkin mixture until completely blended.
- Divide the pumpkin pudding into 10 dessert dishes.
- Cover loosely with Saran Wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- For a twist to the taste buds substitute the instant vanilla pudding mix with instant butterscotch pudding mix.
- A refreshing way to end a holiday dinner!
- To make this dessert taste even more like pumpkin add a package of instant pumpkin spice pudding mix along with another ¼ cup of milk.
- Puree fresh pumpkin in a blender, strain it to remove any strings and match the amount of pumpkin in the recipe if you choose not to use the canned pumpkin.
- Canned pumpkin does save time preparing this pudding recipe if your pumpkin was used strictly to decorate.
Jackson residents can shop at any of these local grocery stores Reeves Grocery, Stringers Grocery, J & M Grocery, Pick’n Save or Wal-mart for all the ingredients needed for this recipe.
© 2012 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
If you found this article informative, click the Subscribe button to receive email updates when a new article is published. It’s free! Follow Beverly on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.