– Parrot crashes the Three Stooges‘ turkey dinner in classic clip. Three Stooges: Three Dark Horses part 2/2 – YouTube
– No Thanks for giving parrots these dangerous foods any day: 1. chocolate 2. apple seeds (the fruit is fine, the seeds contain trace amounts of cyanide) 3. avocado 4. onions 5. alcohol 6. mushrooms 7. tomato leaves, stems and vines (again, the fruit is fine- and yes, technically tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables) 8. salt (in excess) 9. caffeine 10. dried beans. Some contain hemaglutin- toxic to birds, others are okay- research first! Thoroughly cooked beans are fine. A potentially lifesaving reminder from Dawn Korpalski.
-Cockatoo With Table Manners – hopefully, all the holiday dinner guests have them, too! Thanks to Emmett Renshaw
– Thanksgiving dinner and a show: Kili Senegal Parrot Watching Herself on Late Show with David … Letterman‘s Stupid Pet Tricks; a teaser commercial Kili Tonight on David Letterman!!!!! and more World Record 20 Parrot Tricks in 2 Minutes – Kili Senegal Parrot …
– The Lonely Parrot by Lisa Kelley Schindler. Educational and poignant story of JoJo a happy parrot who lived with Sammy, his best friend. But after a while, Sammy grew up, and JoJo became very lonely and sometimes naughty. JoJo desperately wanted a new best friend. See Lisa’s Facebook page for a contest to win a FREE copy. Order it online and avoid the Black Friday insanity!
– Guess who went shopping Could it be Dawn Korpalski‘s cockatoo grabbing some Black Friday specials?
– Cockatoo caper in the land of the midnight sun: An Alaskan moving out of state decided to adopt out his parrots through the local bird club. A man who may or may not have had some affiliation with the club appeared at his home along with a uniformed soldier, demanded he hand over 11 birds and took off with them in a large van full of cages. The birds were brought to another town and put up for sale. The parrot pilfering perp said the owner would never see his birds again unless he signed and notarized releases. When police were notified, the perp sent a certified check for $1600, along with the releases; which went unsigned. It’s alleged that a phony rescue called Humanities for Birds was set up with the kidnapped cockatoos and others. The human owner of the purloined parrots says, “The District Attorney doesn’t want to do anything because I let them into my house and it involves ‘just BIRDS'”. Sounds like a tv plot, but Mass. Cage Bird Association’s Les Embrey says it’s a true story told by a friend.
– Guessing he voted for Obama: Parrot attacks Mormon Missionaries from Arizona Exotic Birds Aviary.
– Aussie parrots with a kookaburra thrown in: YouTube – Parrots in the Land of Oz: Hello, Palm Cockatoo! – Topsy — Lorikeets, Corellas and a Kookaburra – YouTube — Singing, Talking, Dancing, Rainbow Lorikeet – CHEEKY Thanks, Amy Hopkins and The Parrot Club Bulletin.
– How a Parrot Learns its Name in the Wild From Marc Johnson of Foster Parrots/New England Wildlife
– Donate | The Alex Foundation Alex is no longer be with us, but Dr. Irene Pepperberg’s research lives. Lab manager Arlene Levin reports that individual donations to The Alex Foundation received up until 1/5/13 will be matched up to a total of $10,000. Donate by PayPal on the website or if by check, to “The Alex Foundation”. Mail to: Brandeis University Attn: Pepperberg Lab/MS-062 415 South Street Waltham, MA 02454. And win a portrait of Alex! Details: Products Page | The Alex Foundation
– Homeless for the holidays: Greater Charlotte Cage Bird Society will re-home birds that are free and does not charge a re-homing fee. Anyone wishing to receive a one of these birds must fill a four page application, be approved and then sign an agreement with GCCBS.Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 704-812-8283.
– Substantial reward offered for information leading to the people involved and/or the safe return of stolen birds in Pineville, NC. Security Camera Photos of Cockatoo Thieves If the grinches responsible return the birds charges will not be pressed. Contact Parrot University, 704 889-2325, Karen Justice, 704 589-4935 or the Pineville (NC) Police Department at 704 889-2231 with information. — ‘Bird Lady’ Mourns Parrot Stolen By Boys Who Said That They Wanted To Buy
– Showtime: Pickings get slim this time of year, but the Garden State Bird Show hangs in there 11/24; 9-4 at the Portuguese Instructive Club; 417 US Highway 1; Elizabeth, NJ.
–Remember the less fortunate this holiday season!:
ChipIn: Lazicki’s Bird House and Rescue — Birds of Paradise Sanctuary & Rescue: Wish List
– LOST African Grey Parrot / Bird – Brooklyn, New York, NY, United States, US – Lost & Found Ref# L643
– Get your 2013 Parrot Calendar from the WPT
– Last word this week: African grey parrot Einstein imitates a Turkey for Thanksgiving! – YouTube