Looking for New Year’s Eve dessert party recipes to help you ring in 2013 with a little extra sweetness?
Try these easy recipes for Snickers ice cream pie, the Barefoot Contessa’s salted caramel brownies, S’Mores cookie bars, frozen cappuccino chocolate cake, or festive peppermint red velvet whoopie pies.
All of dessert recipes below are quick and easy to make and are sure to be the perfect addition to your New Year’s Eve party menu.
Watch 2013 New Year’s Eve Times Square ball drop: Free iPhone, Android app
Easy New Years Eve Party Dessert Recipes
Snickers Ice Cream Pie Recipe: Snickers bars, caramel sauce peanuts, vanilla ice cream, fudge sauce and a chocolate crust. This dessert will be a party favorite.
S’Mores Cookie Bars Recipe: Chocolate, graham crackers, marshmallows all in one easy to pick-up cookie bar.
Barefoot Contessa’s Salted Caramel Brownies: Caramel, chocolate chips, coffee, a little sea salt and a few other ingredients come together to make the most amazing brownies ever.
Peppermint Red Velvet Whoopie Pie Recipe: A twist on a classic, these whoopie pies will be a big hit with both children and adults.
Frozen Cappuccino Chocolate Cake Recipe:
Set aside time to make this at least a day in advance of your New Year’s Eve party. You will need extra time to freeze this delicious dessert.
1 frozen pound cake, thawed
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
1 3/4 cups chocolate chips
1 quart coffee ice cream, softened
1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed
1 3/4 cups coarsely crushed malted milk balls
- Slice pound cake into 1/4-inch slices. Place half of the slices on bottom of 9-inch spring form pan and press down. Set remaining slices aside.
- Bring heavy cream to a boil in a medium saucepan. Immediately remove from heat.
- Add milk chocolate chips to the heavy cream and let stand for about 5 minutes. Whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Pour half of the chocolate mixture over pound cake in pan, spreading evenly.
- Cover and freeze for approximately one and one-half hours.
- Combine softened coffee ice cream and whipped topping in large bowl. Fold in 1 3/4 cups crushed malted milk balls. Spread over chocolate layer in pan. Cover.
- Freeze until ice cream is firm, about 2 hours.
- Top ice cream with remaining pound cake slices; press down firmly. Spread remaining chocolate mixture over pound cake. Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours
- To serve, remove sides of spring form pan. Garnish with additional whipped topping and sprinkle with more crushed malted milk balls.
Enjoy these sweet treats. Happy New Year!