Is there a feng shui cure we can put into place to protect our home and family from the raging effects of the world and weather systems around us? Sadly, there is no ‘cure’ to prevent us from experiencing whatever the world has in store for us. But there are steps we can take to reduce the impact.
In feng shui, the beginning of any change, starts with the mundane and in some cases, obvious solutions.
- Take the necessary precautions. Begin by taking the appropriate precautions, such as buying water, canned foods, batteries, blankets, candles and anything else you might need should you be without water and power for an extended period of time.
- Fill your bathtub with water (this can be invaluable if you need water to flush toilets, or even extra drinking water – I learned this trick from my little sister and her husband during hurricane Irene last year)
- If you’re expecting gale force winds, tape your windows. A simple ‘X’ across each window will prevent broken glass from scattering everywhere. Also, close blinds and drapes, as this will also prevent broken glass from flying into your home.
- If gale force winds are the issue, move your valuable down to the lower floors of your home.
- Cut back any low, overhanging branches.
- Empty any flowerpots and store them in the garage, storage shed or even inside. Do not leave them outside where they can become dangerous flying objects.
- If you have wind chimes or yard art, take it all down and store it safely.
- If flooding may be an issue, move your valuables up to the higher floors of your home.
- Once you’ve completed all the steps above, it’s time to create a feng shui blessing ceremony for your home and property. The purpose of a feng shui blessing ceremony is to provide an additional layer of safety and protection for your home and all within it.
Blessing ceremony –
- There are many, many was to bless your home, from saying the Lord’s Prayer to chanting Buddhist prayers. I like to incorporate the energy and vibration of crystals and stones along with a powerful affirmation. I’ll share my process.
- I begin by sitting in front of my home altar, breathing deeply and slowly while gathering my thoughts and energy. When I feel ready to begin I take my selenite wand and stand at the front door of my home. (I love Selenite; its properties include strong protective light and love as well as clarity, focus and strength.)
- From my front door, I walk through my home tracing the ‘9 Stars’, in feng shui, the ‘9 Stars’ relate to the Bagua life areas and the numbers associated with them. They are as follows, 1 = Career, 2 = Relationships, 3 = Family & Foundation, 4 = Abundance, 5 = Center, 6 = Helpful People, 7 = Creativity, 8 = Inner Knowledge, 9 = Illumination & Reputation. (Click here to download a FREE Bagua Map for additional information on the location of each Bagua life area)
- Tracing the ‘9 Stars’ means that you walk through the home according to the numerical location of each of the Bagua areas beginning at #1 and ending at #9.
- While I am moving through my home, I also focus my thoughts on my affirmation, intention or blessing. And I move the crystal in a broad sweeping motion to send my affirmation throughout the room, the walls, the floors and ceiling. I envision the room filling and surrounded with a golden, opalescent glow.
- Once I’ve moved through my entire home in this manner, I go back to the front door and envision a golden, opalescent bubble of light, love and protection reaching up above the roof and down below the home into the ground, encapsulating and surrounding my entire home. All within this bubble of golden light are safe, secure and loved. And so it is!
- Bonus step – I reach out to the healing communities I associate with and ask that they include all within the path of the storm in their prayers, sending positive thoughts and healing energy to assist all in need.
That’s it, that’s my process! I hope you find it as helpful as I have.
Feng Shui Lifestyle by Laurie Bornstein