Amazing chili! But I do have to admit, I miss the beans.
Find everything you need to make this easy and tasty chili at your local Meijer.
- Toast 1/2 cup chili powder in a large frying pan. Set aside.
- Season 3 lbs beef stew meat with 1-2 t salt.
- Heat 1 T olive oil in a large cast-iron skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Brown the meat in batches, adding more oil if needed. Remove the browned meat to a Dutch oven. Add to the cast-iron skillet:
- drizzle of olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 fresh jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and minced
- 1/2 t salt
Cook, stirring often, over medium-high heat til the veggies are softened, 6-8 minutes. Remove to the Dutch oven with the meat. Stir the toasted spices into the meat mixture and cook for 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add:
- 1 large (28-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 T red wine vinegar
- 6 cups beef broth
- salt to taste
- Simmer, uncovered, til the meat is tender and the sauce is reduced and thickened, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Served with sour cream and white rice.