- ‘As an outsider, I feel horrified to hear incessant deaths by shooting. Why are so many weapons in circulation? It is very scary to believe that a society like the US could let so many individuals carry legal weapons in their purse, on college campus or schools. It may be time for a serious introversion!’
Introversion is “the state of /or tendency toward being wholly or predominantly concerned with and interested in one’s own mental life“.
Too many people embrace ‘the gun policy to protect themselves’. However many questions still remain:
- Why are so many people with guns?
- What type of person will carry a fire arm?
- Who will bring a 12 year old boy or girl in a store to buy a pistol?
- Protect your-self against what?
- Are the States so dangerous that so many people feel unsafe?
- Are Hollywood movies so violent and TV programs so powerful that decent people feel scared and need weapons?
Who need to embrace a gun?
What is paranoia?
‘A mental disorder characterized by the presence of systematized delusions, often of a persecutory character involving being followed, poisoned, or harmed by other means, in an otherwise intact personality. The person may accuse others of trying to harm him or her or may look around fearfully. The person may talk about protecting himself or herself from attack.’
What can cause paranoia?
Alcohol, marijuana and other legal or illegal drugs.
Effects of marijuana use and abuse.
Over 30% of today’s teenagers are smoking marijuana and more drinking alcohol beverages. People using marijuana can show serious effects such as:
- Memory loss.
- Lower testosterone.
- An increased risk for lung cancer and more.
Marijuana is addictive, as well as alcohol and legal or illegal drugs. The mix can be deadly.
Symptoms of withdrawal from pot might include:
- Depressed mood.
- Tend to buy or talk about weapons.
Making it tough on gun purchases.
In conclusion, I believe that prior to allowing anyone to purchase or carry a weapon, psychiatric evaluation should be provided for potential mental disabilities. This is on top of a complete background check.